A tile like Fired Earth "retro metro" - but cheaper?

(34 Posts)
linspins Mon 11-Oct-10 14:29:37

Does anyone know of a white tile like the fired earth retro metro one - but a little cheaper? It's 7.5 x 15 x 0.5 cm. We want to tile the bathroom mainly in white, and can't afford all the tiles we like. We could splash out on a band of fired earth ones in an accent colour, and do the rest on a cheaper brand...do you think that'll work or economising too far?

spotty26 Fri 10-Feb-12 16:42:27

I have just done my bathroom in these see my blog www.colporter.tumblr.com for pics. Mine were from tons of tiles too - bargain!!

There are very specific cutting instructions on the FE website which my builder had not seen but they are fine despite this.

As to them being porous you must use an impregnator after they have been tiled before and after grouting. This is also available on the tons of tiles site or any diy shop.

sydenhamhiller Thu 18-Oct-12 12:08:51

I also wanted to say a HUGE thanks for this thread, fell in love with FE retro metro tiles, but their prices waaaay outside our budget - tonsoftiles is great.

nickounstead Thu 08-Aug-13 17:31:50

Tilemountain.com have a big choice at half the high st price,same quality and free delivery

primallass Thu 08-Aug-13 19:08:22

We have the white ones from Topps in our kitchen, with grey grout. It looks lovely.

elizabethtailored Thu 03-Oct-13 15:42:16

I know this is quite an old thread but have tile samples from Tons of Tiles and am hoping to steal the Fired Earth style and have Lido Blue tiles. Does anyone know if Belgravia Blue from Tons of Tiles is the same? It seems to look different in different lights. has anyone used Belgravia Blue/Lido please?

spotty26 Thu 03-Oct-13 17:02:44

You can order a sample for a couple of quid on ebay where Tons if Tiles have a shopfront too, but pretty sure the entire range is exactly the same as Fired Earth...but with different names.

elizabethtailored Fri 04-Oct-13 11:44:40

Thanks. I have the samples but they seem to look very different in different lights and would love to see any photos of a room tiled with them!

lizziemoo2 Mon 06-Jan-14 15:26:05

This thread has saved my marriage!! Ha ha!

I have been after Fired Earth Crackle Glaze Tiles for ages!! The quote was nearly as much as we had paid for our kitchen! Found the same at Tons of Tiles for less than half price!!

I have gone for South Kensington and Lime House Green!

Just thought I would log on and show my appreciation! Great work MumsNet!

lizziemoo2 Tue 07-Jan-14 10:36:32

Ordered!

AND.....there is a 10% sale on Crackle Glaze Tiles this week too!! A nice little surprise!

Thanks again guys! :0)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now