Hutton Mount Schools

(4 Posts)
filmbabe Sun 03-Apr-16 20:47:11

Hi, we're very excited about the idea of leaving the City and we're seriously looking at Hutton Mount. I wondered if there are any parents here who can give some idiot's guide tips to the area. We have a three year old boy and a baby girl (sorry I can't bring myself to do the "DS" "DD" thinggrin) and just wondering if anyone would be able to advise on good primary schools both state and private. Also what are the family communities like in the area? Are there good groups we can join to meet other families? Thanks in advance for any pointerssmilegrin

filmbabe Sun 03-Apr-16 20:50:44

Yikes, no idea why my username came up as "filmbabe"!!shockblush I entered something completely different at registration. Ah well

Dovahkiin Fri 08-Apr-16 20:18:13

Hi, OP. I didn't want you to feel stranded! BIL lives in Shenfield and his children go to Long Ridings, which seems a caring but somewhat unambitious school - very few of the kids were put in for the 11+, for example. You might have more look posting in Mumsnet Local and referring to Shenfield rather than Hutton Mount, lovely as it is! Good luck with the move.

DefinitelyNotElsa Fri 08-Apr-16 20:45:03

I agree with the previous poster - definitely don't refer to the area as Hutton Mount. Having grown up in the area, it's simply Shenfield, Hutton or Brentwood. Calling it Hutton Mount has a snobbish quality to it, as if you are keen to distinguish that you live on the private estate as opposed to the rest of Hutton. I'm sure this is unintentional on your part, but is something you might want to be aware of.

The primary schools in Brentwood are generally very good. Competition to get into St Mary's in Shenfield is incredibly fierce - less so for Long Ridings and Larchwood, both of which cover a more diverse area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now