prep school bursary q

(55 Posts)
vquickques Sun 20-Jan-13 13:59:05

So, ds has been offered a place at a selective prep school. us accepting this is totally dependant on a bursary for which we have applied. My question is, how likely is it that the place would have been given if the bursary isn't going to be forthcoming?? We have had a letter saying we will hear from the bursar next week, but would they have offered a place knowing that there is no way we could afford the fees without the bursary?

Jellibotti Mon 18-Feb-13 14:56:35

Does anyone have any idea what sort of upper earning threashold there is in order to qualify for a bursery? I know it'll differ, but I would imagine that even high earners would be stretched by 3 kids at 27,000 a year schools.

We couldn't do 2, yet we seem to be earning reasonably.

vquickques Mon 18-Feb-13 15:28:56

For one child they say at this school. if you are earning £65K + then you wouldn't be considered at all.

rosierosa Mon 18-Feb-13 16:18:25

Hi there, good luck with it all. I'm just thinking about primary schools now, this might sound stupid but do all private schools offer bursaries at primary school level? Trying to work some things out!

Thank you x

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 18-Feb-13 17:05:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

adeucalione Mon 18-Feb-13 18:28:17

So sorry to hear this OP, how disappointing to come so close. As others have said, you did all you could.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now