Oh dear, DD's KS1 teacher wrote "there" when meaning "they're". ..

(106 Posts)
JKB1 Fri 30-Nov-12 17:51:01

...and this was on a class assembly slide in front of the whole school plus the parents of the class. Is there any hope? You've got to laugh, then get on with the job of picking up the slack at home.

radicalsubstitution Sun 02-Dec-12 21:44:05

I was part of a small group at my girl's independent school who managed to convince the 'powers that be' that typing/word processing should be considered a 'DT' subject along with art/cookery/needlework/childcare.

It was very useful as a money-making skill for subsidising university.

Alas, I learned to 'word-process' on an Amstrad WPC. If Sugar thinks he's so damn clever, how does he explain that one?

alcofrolic Sun 02-Dec-12 21:44:29

Aaaah.... but can you decline 'puer'? Obviously much more useful than typing.

radicalsubstitution Sun 02-Dec-12 21:46:39

Is that where puerile comes from? I can't think of any other puer word in the radical mental dictionary.

maizieD Sun 02-Dec-12 22:51:11

Ahem. Is that apostrophe needed in 'girl's independent school'?

Is it an independent school belonging to the girl? (or to your girl?)
Or is it an independent school belonging to the girls?
Or even, is it an independent school for girls?

And we're worrying about 'there' instead of 'they're'...wink

radicalsubstitution Mon 03-Dec-12 07:39:03

Oh bloody hell. Too much wine and not enough proof-reading.

Actually, the school belonged to the Roman Catholic church.

Oh well.

sdrumm41 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:21:05

Have you got absolutely nothing better to do than to post this on here. More than likely your DD's teacher was up until midnight doing stuff for that assembly for someone like you to come along and pick holes in it. You can bet your life he/she works 3 times as hard as you do and would probably be mortified at the error.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now