Forget google, my daughter knows the answer to fucking everything.

(87 Posts)
CeliaFate Mon 29-Oct-12 20:30:09

She's 12. She is insufferable at the moment.

She argues the toss about everything under the sun.

She's scared to go upstairs and has toddler like tantrums when we tell her to put the lights on and go up.

She moans when we ask her to do anything whatsoever.

All she wants to do is sit on her arse and stuff her face.

She's lazy, manipulative, bolshy and interrupts every single fucking sentence I utter.

Boarding school sounds lovely...anyone else?

baskingseals Tue 13-Nov-12 10:21:43

i know celstia i know

i am a shadow of my former self

Viva if you find out please let me know!

LtEveDallas Tue 13-Nov-12 10:26:04

So I've got a seven-going-on-twelve year old then? Gee thanks sad

(I get a lot of "Well I'm not going to do ANYTHING, EVER AGAIN" as the response to a telling off...grrr....)

ClaimedByMe Tue 13-Nov-12 10:32:22

If I hear "OH MY GWAAAAAAAD" from my nearly 10 year old she may get a one way ticket to boarding school.

DD wash your hands for tea "OH MY GWAAAAAAD"
DD brush your teeth "OH MY GWAAAAAAAAD"
etc
etc

Lancelottie Tue 13-Nov-12 10:33:05

You can borrow my 14 yr old if you like. He doesn't know anything.

'I HAVEN'T GOT ANY SHIRTS!'
'How can you not have shirts left when it's only Tuesday?'
'HOW SHOULD I KNOW?'
'What did you do with the clean ones?'
'I DON'T KNOW DO I?'
'Well you'll have to wear yesterday's [ick]. Where's that?'
'DON'T KNOW!'

[rummages in wash bin. Finds stack of folded, clean shirts, which clearly made its own way in there, as DS has no recollection of putting the clean pile back in the wash...]

baskingseals Tue 13-Nov-12 10:48:50

'dd go and brush your teeth now while the boys are in the bathroom'
grunt and click from dd
'dd go now and do your teeth please'

i now leave the room out of concern for dd's personal safety

can anybody guess the end of this story? grin

ClaimedByMe Tue 13-Nov-12 11:06:17

I am hoping when they are adults they will be grateful for us torturing them with teeth brushing, showering and eating a balanced diet!

baskingseals in our house it would end up with someones toothbrush down the toilet, we dont do teeth brushing in groups in this house too dangerous!

flakjacket Tue 13-Nov-12 11:13:12

ClainedByMe - when they are adults I'm going to go and stay with mine for extended periods of time and behave like a 12 year old wink

gimmesunshine Tue 13-Nov-12 16:51:06

Great sad, my dd is 10 and just had lovely screaming match. Now feel like crap - I really hope this gets better.

ClaimedByMe Tue 13-Nov-12 20:12:50

flakjacket sadly dd has already made it very clear she is never moving out shock

MaureenMLove Tue 13-Nov-12 20:19:37

Funny, I thought it got better as they got older. I thought that when DD was 12. Then 13, then 14, then 15, then 16, then 17..... Get the picture? grin

<<Leaves wine and biscuit and runs quick!>>

NorbertDentressangle Tue 13-Nov-12 20:27:30

Another trait that we've noticed is that DD seems to think that by prefacing everything with "Sorry but..." she can get away with anything and that it makes its all conveniently OK

eg. "Sorry but I didn't hear you"...."Sorry but I forgot"...."Sorry I thought you said I could do it"....."Sorry I didn't realise" etc

JustFabulous Tue 13-Nov-12 20:33:18

<wails> I have 2 of the buggers.

A nine year old and an eleven year old who knows everything. The nine year old actually nearly does but the oldest is a pita. No responsibility.

So far he's lost

PE Kit - once.
Mobile - once.
Bus pass - Twice.
School book - once.

madbengal Wed 14-Nov-12 03:10:01

Oh got it worse today cheeky wee madam told him I need my space you must respect me roflmao when she was being asked about wrecking my expensive body lotion

yeah when you get your own house I would have replied

baskingseals Wed 14-Nov-12 13:34:32

dd's classic this morning

'fucking shoes i can't find them'
'dd if you swear in front of me i will have to tell you off. please don't'
'i didn't say fucking i said flocking'

grin

Lancelottie Wed 14-Nov-12 14:37:39

DS is learning on that front.
'Oh fuc...goodness sake' is a frequent one.

LaDawnCP Fri 23-Nov-12 08:31:29

if only we didn't love them so damn much.....

I have a 10 year old ds. I feel all your pain.

Lavenderhoney Fri 23-Nov-12 08:57:09

I am in shock reading this as my ds is 5 and already feels he is much more informed than me and will argue anything like a small, passionate barrister. He even strides aboutsmile he has just spent 15 mins slamming doors and screeching as he was "bored" and annoying his sister so I got fed up and sent him to his room. Cue meltdown with how horrible and unreasonable I am, how he hates living here and the stupid rules, etc etc. me and dd ( who is poorly) ignore him which drives him crazy with rage. I just say calmly stop all this, go in your room and calm down. Over and over. Or ignore him.

I am reading the pre teens threads like a woman alone watching horror moviessmile

standsonshiftingsands Fri 23-Nov-12 08:59:00

Oh Celia - I have an exact carboon copy of one of those at home - a boy. Will do nothing without an argument, knows absolutely fucking everything and more besides.

Husband asked this morning if I would come and visit him in prison if he murdered him.............

standsonshiftingsands Fri 23-Nov-12 09:01:33

Oh yeah, the lost list since September

ties - 2
homework diary - 2

Answers please, on a postcard.

standsonshiftingsands Fri 23-Nov-12 11:51:29

Great thread, very reassuring. I thought I was alone on an island of petulance and 'WHAT! GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD'

booklava Fri 23-Nov-12 12:03:10

Can I just reassure you all my DD1 was like this at from being born 12, 13, 14 worse at 15 BUT now at 16 she is so much better most of the time .

Of course it doesn't help that DD2 is 15 her favourite saying seems to be 'where is my .......' as if I'd know.

DD3 is 13 and has many similar traits I'm sorry to say.

On the other hand DS at 17 is lovely and always has been smile

Ohhellothere Fri 23-Nov-12 15:58:44

Over here in Canada, I have the same problem...10 going upstairs alone is a big issue (except when she needs something). Evening cuddles "until she falls asleep" are a near necessity. I have to remind her that mummy has a life, too, and that respect goes both ways.

Early hormone kick-in? She's developing very early & I'm sure her period is coming any day now.

I can usually disarm stroppiness with humour, but sometimes being tough works (though I feel badly about it...husband is the disciplinarian in the house, though I can and do get tough when I've had enough).

Let's hope it's a (short) phase, yeah?

hugs

bubby64 Fri 23-Nov-12 18:28:48

Can I join the club?? My twin boys are 12 next week, and they know everything and DH and I are "stupid douchbags" who know nothing!!
I was talking with two other mums of twins in the same year (1set boy/girl, the other girl/girl) and they said they are in the same boat.
they get to this age and all turn into mini geniuses who know everything about life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now