How often do/did your Dc have sickness & diarrheoa in nursey????

(14 Posts)
crazeelaydee Thu 16-May-13 20:58:14

I don't think there has been a month that has gone by that my Dd 4 yrs hasn't had it! sometimes twice in 1 month. If it isn't this she complains about stomach cramps, I have taken her to the doctors and from the info he collected from me he isn't concerned. I don't remember my Ds being poorly like this in fact I can only remember 3 occasions in all the time he was at nursery. This can't be normal...can it???

Think another trip to the docs is in order.

Esiotrotter Thu 16-May-13 22:11:16

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Some kids seem prone to picking up bugs at nursery but it could be that other parent(s) in your Dd's year group is sending in their poorly recuperated children.

Very frustrating, especially if you work!

Nevercan Sat 18-May-13 00:55:35

We have been ok.

Nevercan Sat 18-May-13 00:56:21

Once every 3/4months or so x

Allthatglitters789 Sun 02-Jun-13 16:28:47

Luckily my ds has had just the one! He started last September and has 7 weeks left.

Noideaaboutanything Sun 02-Jun-13 16:31:28

My daughter works in a nursery and she has always got something, S&D colds coughs etc. Mainly because parents still take their children in when they are sick and they are so understaffed no one dare take time off. Rant Over!!

BedHog Sun 02-Jun-13 16:33:48

Never in 3 and a half years at nursery, once since starting school last september. Lots of snotty, coughy illnesses, impetigo, roseola and chickenpox, but no d and v.

MousyMouse Sun 02-Jun-13 16:34:37

has she just started? then I would think it's mormal.
dc1 had a tummy bug of sorts every 6weeks during the first winter or so, dc2 never (but has a different constitution altogether and has never puked in her whole life)

bigTillyMint Sun 02-Jun-13 16:36:52

I don't recall that they did. Maybe the once each.

FWIW, I think some children are prone to certain types of illness.
And some have lax parents who let them eat sand and paints(childrens) and chalks and allsortsblush

nethunsreject Sun 02-Jun-13 16:40:22

Only once, but endless colds and coughs.

smaths Sun 02-Jun-13 16:41:14

Never-but she has only been in nursery 9 months.she has a pretty strong stomach though she's only puked once in her 21 months. we live on a farm and have 3 dogs,I shudder to think how many germs she ingests on a daily basis!

BackforGood Sun 02-Jun-13 19:05:51

None of mine did - at least, if there was ever one occasion, I can't remember it, certainly not recurring. Mind, they had all been to CMs, and toddler groups and playgroups and done lots of mixing before they started their Nursery year.

crazeelaydee Mon 03-Jun-13 16:38:32

Thanks for the replies! My Dd hadn't really been poorly, and like BackforGoods Dc she had been to various groups before she started nursery (bar the odd cold which was always around the time of teething), TBH I was expecting some illnesses but not quite this bad. She has been there since September last year so I would of expected her gut to toughen up a bit after a few bouts smile but no. She has been bug free for 2 weeks (1 of which has been a holiday) so fingers crossed there will be no more!!

debduck Tue 04-Jun-13 09:50:17

that doesnt sound right to me, I would want some investigations here. Ask the gp for a referral to gastro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now