Teach your monster to read

(16 Posts)
Quangle Mon 10-Jun-13 22:05:30

DS likes it (3.9) but I thought there was too much requirement for mouse control in some of the games - he knew the answers but couldn't manage the mouse control esp for the flower and the alien. He's done it all and is doing it again though so he did enjoy it. He's ready for the next one about first words - when it's ready I will definitely sign him up.

savoirfaire Tue 04-Jun-13 21:33:59

Am I the only person who finds this crashingly dull? The same three games again and again (so far - maybe I'm missing something...).

DS quite likes it though grin

crazeelaydee Thu 23-May-13 23:48:18

ok! had a small drama today...my Dd chose the cake as a reward for one of her levels and was devastated when her monster didn't eat it! grin bless!!

Phoebe47 Tue 21-May-13 21:13:41

My sister works for this company and told me all about it. I am using it with my DD and she loves it.

ArabellaBeaumaris Tue 21-May-13 16:26:43

We've been teaching our monster for a while & really like it, but what my DD likes best is building her monster... So she never progresses very far as we always have to go back to the start & build her monster again! Don't know if you can build in an option so you can make a new monster but carry on from a further stage of the game?

Great work though!

Puddlelane Tue 21-May-13 16:19:29

I think it's great! Just set it up for my 3 year old.
He loves building his monster!

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Mon 06-May-13 13:41:45

Will have a look at this!

dee35 Wed 10-Apr-13 21:26:26

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

bubblesinthebath Wed 10-Apr-13 16:22:41

Hello, my Dd has used it and thinks it great, but has been struggling a little because of mouse control. Like Tabitha has said if she stuggles with this she will direct while I control smile. It is helping with the pronunciation of her sounds too (she is working with a Speech and language therapist at the moment for this). Even the order of each letter to learn is the same as the ones which Dd's nursery have given me to work on with her.

Tabitha8 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:28:49

Liking it here as well. Not sure about the flowers bit, though, as DS doesn't have mouse control for that, so I have to do it, but he likes to watch smile. Me? I like the sheep pens.

dee35 Mon 08-Apr-13 11:40:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

YesAnastasia Wed 03-Apr-13 21:13:38

Looks ace - thank you

bubblesinthebath Tue 26-Mar-13 12:11:32

do you have one to help me spell?? I meant what my Dd thinks!

bubblesinthebath Tue 26-Mar-13 12:10:27

just had a look, will let you know how my Dd thinks. Looks fun.

MissPB Tue 26-Mar-13 11:22:41

thank you for posting about this - it looks good fun! I will see if my 3.5 year old enjoys it and report back!

Bakingtins Tue 19-Mar-13 09:30:58

Just wanted to recommend a new free learn to read website teach your monster to read. It's set up by the usborne foundation and you guide a monster around a series of islands, helping the island king to find his lost letters. It teaches letters and sounds, simple blending of letters to form CVC words and some tricky words. My son who is nearly 3 loves it, suitable for all EYFS children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now