full time school/pre school

(13 Posts)
noblegiraffe Tue 18-Dec-12 12:27:56

Yes, you need to apply for primary schools now! Deadline is mid Jan and if you don't get your application in you can be allocated any old school miles away. You should put down more than one school too, in case you don't get your first choice.

thank you dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru smile

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Mon 17-Dec-12 21:51:04

she will start school next year i.e. September 2013 - maybe the applications have to be in for January 2013.

thank you dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru and everyone else for the replies helpful appreciate it smile

for got to add the nursery asked me to hand in the form for reception for next year thats why i was a lil confused

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Mon 17-Dec-12 21:48:24

she would start full time school in the september after she is 4 then and will be one of the youngest in her year

im in london to be exact smile

her birthday is aug and im in the uk

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Mon 17-Dec-12 21:31:05

If you're in Northern Ireland, the cut off is June 30th.

ceebeegeebies Mon 17-Dec-12 21:27:57

If you are in England, it is the September after she turns 4 smile

Don't know about Scotland.

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Mon 17-Dec-12 21:25:49

it will depend when her birthday is. If she is 4 before the end of August she will start school in the September after her 4th birthday. If she is 4 from September onwards she would start school the year after.

If you live in Scotland it is different again as the cutoff for admissions is the end of February for starting school in the following August.

TeeElfOnTeeShelf Mon 17-Dec-12 21:18:53

Where do you live? Probably at 4.

hi everyone my daughter is 3 and goes nursery half days/afternoons so my question is what age do they start full time im confused ? thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now