Nurseries with German children or teachers - SW London

(8 Posts)
CezzaPutney Thu 19-Jul-12 16:37:31

Have a friend moving to London with a 3yr old daughter who speaks German and no English. Family would really like her to be in a nursery with other German kids or a German teacher - but the Richmond German School & nursery are totally full. Does anyone know any other nurseries in SW London which might be able to help??

Pyrrah Sun 22-Jul-12 18:28:09

There's a new Anglo-German bilingual free school opening in Southwark in September 2013 - they still need to find premises so don't know location. Not helpful for now, but might be of interest.

CezzaPutney Mon 23-Jul-12 12:37:14

Thankyou. Thats really worth knowing for the future.

bean612 Thu 16-Aug-12 16:03:33

I have a friend in Ham (a mile or two outside Richmond) and there is a big German community there too I think - might be worth some investigation?

spica Thu 23-Aug-12 22:27:22

Have a look at the deutsche in London webpage, goto schools, under more/ comments you will get a list of nurseries, Saturday schools etc. noteworthy is the nursery in Herne Hill and an initiatives for a bilingual free school bilingual opening in 2013
http://www.deutsche-in-london.net/forum/page/index.html/_/arbeiten-bildung/schulen/deutschsprachige-schulen-r41

spica Thu 23-Aug-12 22:29:57

Oh - and I forgot the kish - kindergarten I'm scout house - next to the German school but not part of it. Long waiting list, but we gave up our place recently as we got into the German school, always worth trying!

mushroom3 Wed 21-Nov-12 10:58:23

Haberdasher's Aske are opening a bilingual English/German primary in Telegraph Hill (near Nunhead and New Cross, SE London) in September 2013. There is also a German Kindergarten I think on Red Post Hill in Dulwich

KindergartenForestHill Thu 21-Feb-13 17:52:39

Hello there, the Kindergarten in Forest Hill is a German/English bilingual setting. With a large hall and a small group size we offer lovely activities and time to play for children from 2 - 5 year. If you are interested to see more, please visit our homepage www.kindergartenforesthill.co.uk or mail to kristine@kindergartenforesthill.co.uk. I am looking forward to hearing from you! Best wishes, Kristine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now