Low lying placenta bleed 28+5

(15 Posts)
MyEternalSunshine Wed 02-Nov-16 22:23:16

Was rushed to hospital at 28+5 (yesterday morning) after I woke up to a blood patch on the bed- then had about 2cups worth of blood gush out whilst standing in my bathroom two minutes later. Long story short I have a low lying placenta, stayed in hospital overnight, scan was normal, no additional blood loss and baby moving fine and heart trace always good. The problem is now I'm home I feel like I'm waiting for it to happen again- and I'm scared out of my wits sad I'm 29weeks tomorrow and I'm currently laying in bed next to DP not being able to sleep, I'm being paranoid about feeling DD's movements and having painful cramps which make me nervous. Can anyone relate? Any advice or reassuring experiences would really help sad I'm worried about her coming early and what her health will be like, I'm worried what if I miss something and they can't get her out before something bad happens? I'm scared about potentially having a premature baby. Sorry for rambling on sad just feel extremely vulnerable right now.

MyEternalSunshine Thu 03-Nov-16 06:49:03

Woken up to no blood so that's good- 48hours passed since my last one. 29 weeks today, any ladies in the same boat?

MyEternalSunshine Thu 03-Nov-16 15:47:27

Bump

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sat 05-Nov-16 20:20:35

Hi OP,
I had placenta praevia too and had DS late pre term as a result. I'm not sure what I can say to help as it's a very unpredictable condition buy even at this stage a lot of placentas do move up and out of the way. I know many ladies that had big bleeds and went on to be overdue.
All you can do it pelvic rest, carry your notes with you and pack a bag.
If theres anything I can help with please ask. DS was born by emcs by 35 weeks by my dates and is doing great (now aged 2)

123bananas Sat 05-Nov-16 21:18:05

I had placenta praevia. Ds was born 35 weeks. He didnt require SCBU and was breastfed. He is nearly 3 and the size of my 4 year old.

Make sure you have a bag packed ready to go. I spent two months on the antenatal ward with bleeding, as soon as I went home it would start again due to over doing things (had a 4 year old and 17 month old at home). Take it easy, no lifting heavier than a kettle and no sex.

Littlelegs19 Sat 26-Nov-16 19:40:33

I could have written yor OP!
I had my first bleed at 33 weeks which required a 9 day hospital stay. 10 days later I was back with another major bleed and then only 2 days later I had a small bleed in the morning and my consultant agreed a caesaearan date for 9 days later and I asked to stay in hospital until then. I only made it a few hours when my placenta ruptured and I had my son at 36 weeks following emergency CS by GA. he was born a healthily 5lb 9oz and after 3 days we are now home.

I know how it feels to be walking on egg shells the whole time in between bleeding. It really is scary, so my thoughts are with you. You can ask to be admitted till your baby is ready to delivered as I was offered it the first time. My placenta previa was full previa so that might have been why.

Do you know how low lying yours is? If you have any questions feel free to messgage/ask and I'll do my best to help you

flowers

MyEternalSunshine Sat 26-Nov-16 21:37:22

littlelegs so sorry such a scary thing happened to you! I am now 32weeks and have had 13 individual bleeds now. Pretty intense isn't it sad they won't take her out as she never appears to be in distress and I never quite bleed heavy enough for an emcs. My placenta is actually very close to my cervix but not actually covering it! So I am surprised by all the bleeds if I'm honest. I got home today after my fourth stay in hospital and hoping I do not bleed for atleast a few days so I can enjoy being with my family whilst I can sad so worried about this baby but so glad everything worked out for you in the end that has given me much hope so thank you! smile flowers

Littlelegs19 Sun 27-Nov-16 05:12:37

It was scary but just so glad DS is ok. 5am feeding as we speak and I wouldn't change it for the world!
Are you now being consultant lead? If you are speak with him and tell him your concerns. I did the same at 36w. I know that those 4 weeks will feel like forever though. You've had a lot of bleeds even if they don't warrant a EMCS, they should still warrant having a CS booked in?

Stay strong smile

Chrisinthemorning Sun 27-Nov-16 06:25:53

It's horrible isn't it? All you can do is rest as much as possible. No lifting, no housework, no hoovering or pushing a supermarket trolley, no sex.
Fingers crossed for you. I had the same and bled on and off from 26 weeks. I kept being admitted then after a couple of days they allowed me home. He arrived at 36+3 in the end. I had a bleed at 35 weeks and they kept me in, took pity on me and I had a private room. Had my EMCS 3 hours before my booked ELCS!
You need a bag packed all the time. If you are at home and start to bleed your DH must drive you straight to hospital. If you're alone ring 999- this is what I was told because the bleeding can be very sudden and very heavy.
DS is now 4 and had no problems from being that tiny bit early.
Good luck

HalleLouja Sun 27-Nov-16 06:39:25

I had the same issue with my second. In and out of hospital. In fact they thought I was in labour at 34 weeks and it calmed down again. I managed to hold out to nearly 37 weeks. My dc1 was premmie so not exactly a surprise dc2 was. Dc2 is now 5 and a half but remember thinking I had lost her. Was very scary.

MyEternalSunshine Mon 28-Nov-16 07:11:16

My consultant is.. Not a people person. He kind of comes in the room tells me what he wants to say and then speaks to the other doctors there about me -in front of me- and then leaves hmm so it's difficult. He's said he wants to book my CS for 38weeks but if I continue to bleed then he'll move it up to 37weeks. I'm of the opinion I just want to book in the 37weeks because at that point baby is full term and let's face it- I will keep bleeding! Next time I'm there I'll have to just be more forceful. chris yes! I have my hospital bag packed 24/7 haha! When I get back from a trip the first thing I do is wash, then repack my bag straight away! Haha. I know if I don't I'll have to go in sooner it's Sod's law sad halle thats exactly what I keep thinking- I had two early losses before this pregnancy and I just keep getting worked up that ill lose her as well. Still can't picture having another baby! One things for certain though as soon as she's out safe and sound that's it! Never again- two kids is enough for us, especially with all the troubles we've had blush

HalleLouja Mon 28-Nov-16 07:14:35

Sunshine I haven't had anymore either. Two is definitely enough here too. Look after yourself. Luckily my placenta moved enough to give birth naturally but I remember begging the doctor if I got to 37 weeks could I get induced. Also I was told not to drive which when you live in a village isn't ideal.

MyEternalSunshine Wed 30-Nov-16 15:13:45

Halle sorry only just seen your reply- so what happened in the end with you- your placenta moved enough to bypass the csection but your waters broke at 36weeks? I've fingers crossed been home since Saturday afternoon! Been incredibly paranoid about bleeding and fetal movements but seem to be getting there.. 33weeks tomorrow I'm just desperate to get over 34!

HalleLouja Thu 01-Dec-16 11:36:55

Sunshine that was basically it. I think I was 36 + 4 or 5 so borderline premmie. My first was born at 34 weeks and although it was a very stressful time - as you say I think those extra two weeks helped.

MyEternalSunshine Thu 01-Dec-16 12:14:58

So glad everything worked out for you- it's funny that you mention your waters breaking early I've had a feeling mine will do the same as I've been contracting randomly for just over a week now- nothing sticks but this is what happened to me with my DS I had random contractions (stronger than Braxton Hicks) for two weeks before he was born.. Did cross my mind if it could be happening again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now