Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Share your stories of ridiculous crying and make me feel better!

(178 Posts)
musicposy Sat 06-Mar-10 11:45:00

I am 6 weeks pregnant with a very much wanted 3rd baby after 8 years of trying and much IVF expense. So I should be skipping over daisies singing happy songs! hmm

The reality is I keep crying about how I want my normal life back (I don't, I would be devastated if this pregnancy didn't come off), and bursting into tears over stupid, stupid things.

Yesterday, I took my two girls to the ice rink where they have a skating lesson. DD1's lesson is always at a quarter to 9. I was sat upstairs in the cafe watching her down on the rink, thinking I might get a hot drink, when she starts signalling frantically for me to come down. I'm thinking "this better be good!" (because I'm an irritable cow at the moment), go down there, and she says can she have the lesson ticket now as her skating teacher has said she'll take her at a quarter to 8. Rather irrationally I say "but I wanted to come and watch your lesson at a quarter to 9, I want a drink now." DD1 says, well I have to go now, takes the lesson tickets and has her lesson. At which point I sat at the side of the rink and sobbed and sobbed and sobbed because I had wanted to watch her lesson at a quater to 9, not a quarter to 8. The other mothers were looking at me like I was a total, utter, head case, and no wonder! What a totally stupid thing to cry over. Later on I sat upstairs at the cafe and I still couldn't stop crying because my plans had been turned around.

So, come on, pregnant people. Share your stupid crying stories and make me feel better! Please tell me this is part of pregnancy and I'm not completely losing it....

missdt Thu 08-Apr-10 14:54:10

I cried yesterday because Subway was closed

CJK1 Thu 08-Apr-10 14:23:07

Today I cried at the sea, well more specifically at some pebbles near the sea. Now I want to cry because Michael Jackson will never the sea, poor Bubbles.

bloomingbex Thu 08-Apr-10 14:10:52

I cried this morning when "She's Like the Wind" came on my iPod. Dirty Dancing is my all time favourite film and it suddenly struck me that Patrick Swayze will never dance again sad Oh great, I've just set myself off again....

ImaKara Wed 07-Apr-10 16:26:10

I saw Kick Ass and started blubbering. Thank goodness it was dark in the cinema. I ran to the loo promptly after the film before the lights went up to make sure the make-up wasn't all over my face (also was bursting by this time). DP laughed at me.

Also cried when I got the letter through confirming my scan date.

I best invest in waterproof make-up.

porcamiseria Tue 06-Apr-10 17:00:14

that westlife song about Dads not seeing this kids, made me weep!!!!

renegadesoundwave Tue 06-Apr-10 13:16:11

Songs are really setting me off at the moment.

Tim Buckley's Dream Letter slays me at the best of times but the fact it was about his regret at not seeing his (sniff) baby son (sniff) growing up (sniff) makes it worse...

BertieBottsChocolateBeans Fri 02-Apr-10 23:00:35

Oh I just remembered another ridiculous crying incident - over Christmas, Cheryl Cole's single Fight For This Love or whatever it is called was being played a lot, and I just remember standing in the kitchen, listening to it and thinking it was really sad that she was getting divorced and obviously the love wasn't worth fighting for.

I suppose that is actually quite sad really but it was just odd as I usually don't pay the slightest bit of attention to celebrity "news" etc.

ellesabe Thu 01-Apr-10 20:25:22

The news is a killer isn't it?
When that little boy was rescued from his kidnappers there was a reporter outside their house and the front wondow was filled with 'welcome home' balloons... I couldn't help thinking how pleased his parents would be to have him back [bawl-your-eyes-out-face]

piesey Thu 01-Apr-10 13:58:43

Apologies for the appalling typing - I was trying to eat a sandwich at the same time!

piesey Thu 01-Apr-10 13:57:37

I reahced the age of 22 without being particularly emotional and from then on cried at everything. Even adverts. Luckily my older sisters are all pretty much the same (they have the sxcuse of having children however). Now I'm pregnant I'm even worse (if this is possible)

I cried at Emmerdale the other day because the character who has realised he is gay beat up his guardian who had realised. His guardian then said 'do you think this is going to stop me caring about you and wanting to help you?' and that was it - floods of tears my to DH disgust (he hates Emmerdale)

Also I cry every week reading the Guardian's Family section on a Saturday. I love it! It's the 'Letter to...' bit that gets me every time..

nomorecake Thu 01-Apr-10 13:38:29

dh has banned me from watching the news, it was after i saw the report about the father who had taken his childrens lives to punish his ex partner/their mother. i sobbed for hours and hours. i still cant get their faces out of my mind.

i think it was the final straw as i have been crying for months, and it really upsets him to see me crying.

but i have cried practically everyday since BFP, news (haiti), films, Eastenders, documentaries (OBEM, secret millionaire in india, who needs fathers etc) This Morning (oh that poor boy who died from an asthma attack at school), telling ds off and looking at ds as he sleeps sets me off too.

last week i cried because dh is a good dad and he and ds have such a good relationship.

BertieBotts Thu 01-Apr-10 13:07:59

I have cried at the Balamory song and I wasn't even pregnant confused I seem to be a bit over emotional at the moment. Been watching back episodes of Waterloo Road on youtube as I never watched it the first time and the episode where Jack leaves had me in floods.

Happyeastender Thu 01-Apr-10 12:15:34

Oh - and don't get me started on x-factor!

Happyeastender Thu 01-Apr-10 12:13:42

I'm crying at most of these entries! Over the last few weeks absolutely any story about a baby or something to do with a baby makes me teary... mom and baby mags are a bit of a no-no!

ellesabe Wed 31-Mar-10 21:33:20

I cried today because a girl in my class bought me some flowers but when I put them in a vase at home the stems were too long and they went all droopy.
They just looked so miserable that I started crying and then when I tried to remedy the situation by shortening the stems, one of the flower heads snapped off completely sad

yama Sun 28-Mar-10 09:44:20

The woman on Deal or No Deal on Friday had me crying when she showed a photo of her Dad who had died when she was five. Then her brother died when she was 11.

I then cried when after dealing at £37,000 her box only had £250. She was great.

Bondwife Sun 28-Mar-10 09:13:02

Cried yesterday because I bought some books that mum used to read to us and DH read them to check that the child wouldn't be scared by them grin

Nymphadora Sat 27-Mar-10 20:31:48

Dh & I were cuddling & his grin made me cry & laugh & cry & laugh & cry & laugh ....

Poor bloke had to leave the room so I could calm down

hoopyloopycow Sat 27-Mar-10 18:53:45

I cried in the book shop today when I saw the "goodbye mog" book. Noone told me mog was dead!

MPuppykin Sat 27-Mar-10 17:14:55

Carolondon.... I have nothing to do with the company (disclaimer) but I have just bought a beautiful white cotton dress from Bloomin Marvellous for summer. It is so pretty that I commented to DH when it arrived that I wanted to stay pregnant forever if it meant wearing such pretty dresses!

carolondon Sat 27-Mar-10 15:09:58

I cried on oxford street when i realised i would not be able to wear all the beautiful summer clothes that are just out in the shops. Felt like a huge hideous creature. (21 weeks)

rubetube Sat 27-Mar-10 13:08:00

I stopped crying when I was about 9weeks (Last episode was because i thought we had run out of cheese)

So I was sitting here all smug about NOT being hormonal, then i started to cry - thinking, maybe there is something wrong with me!
blush

Cosmosis Sat 27-Mar-10 12:26:17

I watched the episode of MASH where Radar goes home the other night, and was in pieces.

MPuppykin Sat 27-Mar-10 12:09:33

I am crying because I have lost my passport and my marriage certificate and because my parents saw a picture of me taken yesterday and asked if I was really sure that i was not having twins.

TheSugarPlumFairy Sat 27-Mar-10 00:10:42

i cried myself to sleep one night because i realised that my precious 4 year old Jack Russell would one day grow old and would eventually die.

I couldn't stop thinking about how much i would miss him and was visualising having a funeral for him in the garden. i had it all planned out. I decided i would put an apple tree next to his grave and even had a little speech about how he was the best dog in the world.

I was inconsolable for the whole evening. DH thought i was quite mad. In the cold light of day i think i agree with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now