Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

www.LabourPains.com launched, with thanks to mumsnet

(2 Posts)
drtimmeek Thu 01-May-14 16:20:25

Dear mumsnet members

Thanks to all of you who contributed to an earlier appeal for help during the design of www.LabourPains.com, the brand new public information website of the Obstetric Anaesthetists' Association (the OAA is a UK charity - you can find out more on the website).

I'm pleased to say that www.LabourPains.com is now live and ready for you to explore. It's free, not-for-profit and non-commercial!

Please take a look, spread the word and feedback to us so we can improve our product. We're also on Twitter at @labourpainsoaa.

Thanks in advance!

Dr Tim Meek
(Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetist and Elected Member, Executive Committee, OAA)

squizita Thu 01-May-14 16:37:45

Looks interesting.

So much information is anecdotal and sometimes weighted with issues (e.g. pain relief = failure) it can be hard to make informed choices, I've found. Glad for all pain relief info on clear, factual sites.

Mind you my latest shock is labour tales of midwives who are anti-pain-relief saying "no" not for any clinical reason but because they felt the woman could 'do more'. Wah! Heard of this twice (luckily not at the hospital I will be going to).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now