Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Is Ovaltine safe?

(7 Posts)
Futterby Sat 29-Jun-13 21:40:17

I love Ovaltine, and will happily have a few mugs a day but I've just read the back and it says that one serving contains 25% of your daily vitamin A. Is it safe to drink during pregnancy? I know too much vitamin A is bad for baby and I'm now worried about it :/

HystericalParoxysm Sat 29-Jun-13 21:41:45

Lol, yes it's fine. See here if that reassures you! http://www.ovaltine.co.uk/en/static.asp?mode=mums2b_vitamins_minerals

Futterby Sat 29-Jun-13 21:43:58

I'm on my phone so can't copy the link but I will later, thank you smile

FoofFighter Sat 29-Jun-13 21:47:32

It's not on the NHS banned/advised to limit list smile it has loads of folic acid in too which is good for baby smile

greenj1 Sat 29-Jun-13 22:08:50

Well I got a couple of sachets free in the bounty pack so I would say suitable for pregnancy smile

Graceparkhill Sat 29-Jun-13 22:12:44

I lived on it when pregnant with DS1 ( now aged 21 and hale and hearty ),
They may well have changed the formula since then and dietary advice has changed lots so I would check with your health visitor if you are at all concerned.
Have not had Ovaltine since 1992!

SeriousStuff Sun 30-Jun-13 02:47:02

I've been drinking it non-stop! I think the issue with Vit A is not to have too much of it - it's inevitable that some things you eat/drink will contain it.

Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now