Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

When do your boobs grow?!

(30 Posts)
Kelly1814 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:43:55

Hello ladies

I'm around 10 weeks and so far, despite very painful breasts, there has been no increase in size. I'd read that there's a growth spurt in the first and third trimesters. Thus far the first tri is not proving true for me!

When did you notice a change?

Not a critical question but I live overseas where maternity wear of any sort is VERY limited so wondering how/when to plan ahead for this, if possible!

thanks in advance...x

Mine haven't really changed in cup size but I have gone from a 32 to a 36 back.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Sat 23-Mar-13 10:39:24

In my first pregnancy I went from a b cup to a g! Then only went back down to a d, 2nd pregnancy they only went to an e and stayed like it, 3rd pregnancy I'm upto an f/ff at 23 weeks and they're still getting bigger!

Mine didn't grow. They got bigger when my milk came in after baby was born and settled down again within a few weeks. This time (I'm 9 weeks pg) I have already bought some nursing bras (I know, a bit previous! But I'm still feeding 2yo DS and have never owned a nursing bra before!) in my current size and if they get bigger - or my ribcage expands and never goes back like last time hmm - I can just wear them on the loosest band setting. There is enough give in the cups. If they get bigger throughout pregnancy (unlikely) I will just start wearing them rather than buying maternity bras.

PurplePidjin Sat 23-Mar-13 10:49:11

This time last year i was a 36D.

Ds is now 4 months, and I'm a 36DD. He's ebf hmm

Bunbaker Sat 23-Mar-13 10:52:19

Mine didn't grow when I was breastfeeding either sad. I didn't even bother wearing a bra when I was feeding DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now