Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How does your DP treat you in pregnancy?

(31 Posts)
glossyflower Tue 05-Mar-13 19:28:42

Just wondering as I know everyone is different.
We are expecting our first baby, and I'm 33 weeks now.
DH doesn't treat me any differently than before pregnancy and sometimes I feel like he should try and look after me a bit more as I am starting to struggle.
He does things if I ask him to but doesn't take his own initiative. Eg run me a relaxing bath or rub my aching back.

ButteryJam Tue 05-Mar-13 21:16:55

The same I'd say, except the house is a mess because I'm a clean freak, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all sad. He does jump to get something I'm craving, but I've only had one or two literally ...

Maybe I should show him this thread grin

Xmasbaby11 Tue 05-Mar-13 21:29:34

DH was wonderful and was convinced I was more beautiful than ever and doing an amazing thing by carrying our baby. I don't think he really understood the crazy hormones, but he did try!

glossyflower Tue 05-Mar-13 23:01:34

Oh yes you reminded me, DH always goes to the shops for me when I want something, so I suppose it's not all bad.
I think he's just a general man who needs a woman to tell him what to do all the time. Men and women are definitely wired differently!
There are lots of lucky ladies on this thread envy lol. Xxx

ExhaustedMamasita Wed 06-Mar-13 10:13:40

I’m more in love with my DH now than ever – not because he’s become this superhero overnight but because he’s the same kind, caring and loving individual I married years ago. Whilst I still do most of the cleaning and domestic chores, he’s interested in hearing about the baby updates, loves to cook nice meals for me but most importantly daydreams about the baby’s arrival with me. He’s the only person I can talk to about my inner feelings and insecurities, having him there through this amazing but often tough period has made me appreciate him more than ever. Whenever I snap at him, he cuddles and kisses me or makes me laugh hysterically – which always brings my back to normality.

Everyone’s relationship is different but I’ve found including DH in every step of the baby’s development has helped him feel more involved and in turn does his best to make the whole process easier for me.

Msbluesky32 Wed 06-Mar-13 11:27:22

Pretty much the ssame and if he acted differently I'd start to wonder what was going on.

He can't really cook and isn't bothered by mess (unlike me). He has started helping with much more of the household chores but tbh I'm very independent and hate the idea of not being able to do things myself. We balance each other - he is the DIY man and I'm the cleaner and cooker. I'm rubbish with power tools - it would only end in an accident if I tried to fix anything.

rrreow Wed 06-Mar-13 11:51:57

First pregnancy he was like a different person. He was SO NICE. We didn't have any arguments or personality clashes that we'd usually have. It was a bit suspicious actually and after the birth he went back to being himself (still very nice mind you! But he can be a bit unreasonable sometimes), which was a bit of a shocker.

This pregnancy he's been just his normal self, which I actually prefer. If I want something specific I'll just ask him (got the most amazing massage the other day!) as I can't really expect him to read my mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now