Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is it like after a C-Section? Please share your experiences :)

(27 Posts)
ButteryJam Tue 05-Mar-13 18:20:42

Hi,

I'm having my 1st baby and I'm far away from family and close friends I could sought for help. I'm not keen on having my mum or mil come round to stay - they have both offered and will want to especially if I have a C-Section, and neither am I too keen on going over to stay with my parents, even though they would love me too. I'm just wondering, realistically how difficult/not difficult is it after a CS? DH will be on paternity leave for two weeks, generally he is hands on (when not distracted lol), he will happily put washes on, clean up, heat up food etc and do nappies if need be.

Will I be OK or will I need help? How was it for you after a C-Section? What kind of help did you need? Apologies, it is my 1st time and I'm clueless blush

ButteryJam Wed 06-Mar-13 09:30:46

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences, if has given me a good insight and confidence smile

Dawnlouiseg Tue 12-Mar-13 14:19:41

I had a planned CS with my first child, you will need as much help as you can get. Even just getting out of bed was impossible for the first 2 weeks, you can't even lean over to get your baby from the crib. Can't laugh, cough, sneeze. It sounds horrible but you are basically paralysed from the boobs down. It is painful, but it gets easier... Especially as you have a beautiful new baby to look after smile

My DP took 5 days off work, mum took 2 weeks off and brother took a week off all just to help me at home

It is very very hard, and frustrating that you can't look after your baby properly.

I know this sounds horrific but I don't want you to have any illusion that recovery is easy.

If your partner is pretty hands on I'd say you'll be fine with you two, where as my partner hadn't even held a baby before so was difficult for me to show him how to do things which is why mum was needed, if only just to give him a break.

It's not all bad though, you get to relax have your hair washed and not even blink at the housework!! Just lots of sitting down and cuddles with baby. What could be better? Lol

Good luck xxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now