Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

STRESSED! 10 wks pg with no1 and bloke is trying to join the Marines!

(8 Posts)
gillybeandramaqueen Tue 26-Feb-13 22:39:59

So sorry that this doesn't relate directly to pregnancy but I'm finding myself crying more and more and not sure how much is hormones and how much is circumstantial... I'll try condense it...

10 wks pg with no, v knackered, v sick, v bloated and crying lots. Me and bloke only together 7 mths but v happy. I'm 39 and will be giving birth at 40! Bloke is 31 and in process of joining Royal Marines. I don't agree with it but I love him and am trying to be supportive whilst his family are beating him over the head verbally about his 'selfishness'. I believe he should get his answer as it's his dream... but the timing is awful and I'm terrified that he might actually get in and me and our baby will be left alone to cope without him.

I can't bear the thought of his application dragging on much more through the pg until we find out if he's accepted or not. Everything is all up in the air and we can't plan anything because of it. We are also still living 90 miles apart only being together at weekends which is very hard.

Is anyone in a similar situation or have partners in the Armed Forces? Sorry for lengtht post... just so distressed and

gillybeandramaqueen Tue 26-Feb-13 22:41:13

....worried and upset. Can't fully enjoy pregnancy. Am I being irrational and hormonal and need to chill out?

Rockchick1984 Tue 26-Feb-13 23:37:19

There's a Forces Sweethearts section on here somewhere, I'm sure they would have lots of helpful advice smile

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I think you sound incredibly calm - I'd be going mental if DH put me in that situation!

gillybeandramaqueen Tue 26-Feb-13 23:40:12

Thanks so much Rockchick... I will see if I can find it. I'm not really calm... I sway between calm and copious amounts of tears!

Rockchick1984 Tue 26-Feb-13 23:42:53
gillybeandramaqueen Tue 26-Feb-13 23:50:41

Me too! I didn't know this existed... thanks so much! X

simbaandblue Wed 27-Feb-13 04:52:54

Hi. The forces sweethearts page can be very quiet so I thought I'd say hello. My husband is in the army, we were together a year when we got pregnant and were also living 90 miles apart at the beginning of the pregnancy, that was really tough. We had planned on moving in together before we found out I was pregnant and I had decided to get a job where he is based! I'm a teacher and ended up getting an amazing job near where he is based and it came with a house!! We got married in October and baby boy arrived 3 weeks ago. The army have been really supportive of the pregnancy and have him time off for appointments etc and he had 3 weeks off when DS arrived! What I will warn you is that when you're with a soldier you have a relationship with the army as well. There are times when you're alone and that is tough, but you learn to cope with it. You have to. There are married quarters (where me and DH will move to when we have another baby) so you could live there if you're prepared to get married? Your partner can live off camp if you don't want to be married but live together.

Army relationships can be tough but you just need to keep communicating and accept it for what it is, you can't control things!

Not sure if this has been helpful, feel free to PM me if you have any questions?? Xxx

rosiedays Wed 27-Feb-13 07:54:00

Hi OP, brew
Neither my DH or i are in the forces however he does have a job that involve lots of travel (so did I hmm I will have weeks at a time when i'm on my own and he is a 5 hour flight away. He loves his job, it is part of who he is. I am Very happy to hear you support your partner it's so importnt everyone follows there dreams if possable.
you'll be fine, my father also worked overseas and myt mum brought 4 of us up! I was a single mum for 18 years and enjoyed it.
right now your hormones ARE going crazy! i found out i was PG just before christmas and cryed for a month!! only just starting to have good, possitive days about it now (19 weeks) I'm 42 with 2DD age 25 and 22!
it is tough comming to terms with an unplanned pregnancy but good old mother nature will take care and you'lll get all the strentgh you need.
lots of support on here if you need it. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now