Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried!!!12 week scan at 10,5 weeks will this be Sufficient???!!!!

(17 Posts)
tigerKesha Thu 21-Feb-13 11:36:17

Yup...Thanks MissHinky grin

MissHinky Wed 20-Feb-13 23:40:10

That's great! Another chance to see baby too! smile

tigerKesha Wed 20-Feb-13 23:25:33

*even Congratulations! Not Conrats... Typo

tigerKesha Wed 20-Feb-13 23:23:48

Hey BlanketsandP, Conrats, glad you also got new appointment & on plus side (having not cancelled 1st appointment) 2 weeks wait is not so bad especially after seeing healthy lo on scan.

Blanketsandpillows Wed 20-Feb-13 22:53:54

I'm in exactly the same boat OP-scan was on Tues and all was well but slightly too small (EDD put back 5 days) so another appointment for the tests made for two weeks time.

tigerKesha Wed 20-Feb-13 22:49:17

Hey MissHinky, scan went well coz I got to see little ones wiggle. Also got new appointment in 2 weeks to do Nuchal tests. Result grin thanks for asking.thanks

MissHinky Wed 20-Feb-13 22:07:14

How did you get on with the scan OP?

tigerKesha Tue 19-Feb-13 22:53:20

Sorry for mc MathsCat & congratulations on current pregnancy, & best wishes on scan next week. MissHinky & Wereonourway thanks for all the helpful sharing of experiences, I do appreciate it a lot seeing as the only person I can share my worries with is DH who's banned me from the Internet & any fretting. Am at Kings College Hospital which is very busy. Will keep fingers crossed for a positive outcome tomorrow.

Wereonourway Tue 19-Feb-13 21:23:05

They looked at the neck folds(sorry don't know exact term) and decided I was low risk.
My best friend is currently pregnant and I believe she had tests at 16 weeks?? Things may have changed although I was pregnant in 2010.
Congratulations by the way!

MissHinky Tue 19-Feb-13 21:13:25

I went for my 12 week scan and they dated me at 10 weeks and 5. They couldn't do the NT screening and said they would make me another appointment. A date for another scan came through very quickly and I had it done 9 days later at 12 weeks.

MathsCat Tue 19-Feb-13 20:33:31

I think it depends on where you live, I was due a 12 week scan at what I thought would be exactly 11 weeks, and combined test (nuchal plus bloods) can be done from 11 plus 2. My midwife said they wouldn't rescan, just do the quadruple blood test instead at around 15/16 weeks. (I mc'd but am now 11.5 weeks and due scan next week, so should be ok this time!)

tigerKesha Tue 19-Feb-13 19:38:58

Wereonourway, did they do test for Down syndrome at your 10 plus scan or did you skip it all together?(hope this isn't too personal)

Wereonourway Tue 19-Feb-13 19:06:33

I had my "12 week" scan at ten plus 2. Although we didn't know til we got there and baby was measured.
I didn't need to go back but if they feel they can't do correct measurements they should rearrange another for 2 weeks after.
I had this with my 20 week scan

tigerKesha Tue 19-Feb-13 19:02:29

Thanks for the responses, am keeping my fingers crossed that they give me another appointment if its still too early. Just worried they might make next app the 20 week scan when it will be too late hmm

SeashellHoarder Tue 19-Feb-13 18:52:51

I would go in and hopefully if they can't measure the baby yet they will schedule you another app. You may be a little further on then you think?

It's probably a bit late to reschedule now anyway.

ShowOfHands Tue 19-Feb-13 18:32:22

The baby needs to be above 45mm but below 84 which will be roughly weeks 11 to 13. I suppose you could either rearrange now or anticipate that you will be recalled.

tigerKesha Tue 19-Feb-13 18:28:04

blush Got my 12 week scan appointment tomorrow when I'll be 10,5. Just worried that it maybe too early to get correct nuchal scan, then again I worry about everything as this is first experience. Has anyone had similar experience & did you reschedule appointment or just go with the flow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now