Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Brown discharge at 28 weeks

(3 Posts)
sonu01 Sun 17-Feb-13 16:21:32

Hi All,
I am 28 weeks and so worried about this brown discharge I'm having since past 1 week. The first day I had it, I rang the labour ward and they called me in. They said that the brown discharge is not to worry as it is old blood and the body is cleaning itself. There was no reasoning as to where it came from in the first place. The doc did a speculum examination and said that there was nothing to worry and I'm not in labour and my placenta is high. I'm not Rh -ve too. All my scans and blood tests have been ok until now. I went again after 2 days as the discharge was still there and again they said the same thing - everything is ok and baby's heartbeat is normal.
I'm still so concerned about what is happening and when will this stop. Has anyone had a similar problem at this stage of the pregnancy?
Please do reply.
Thanks.

surfmama Mon 18-Feb-13 00:40:07

hello yes op I worried myself sick Had pink and brown about 9 times during my pregnancy from about week 12 I think despite the worry and me not believing mw all was fine. had loads sometimes too. hope you can relax.

itsaruddygame Tue 19-Feb-13 11:24:18

I had brown discharge for the first 12 weeks and the again briefly at 16 and 19 weeks and most recently at 32 weeks. It did only last for a day this time (early pregnancy it was daily!). I have been told that it is most likely cervical erosion and that the cervix becomes engorged with blood supply (especially in late) pregnancy so it is easy to iritate it and then have a small bleed. My midwife has just told me to keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse or becomes red to let them know straight away. Luckily I had a 3D scan booked for just after the last lot at 32 weeks and everything looked great so I was reassured straight away. I must say it is easier said than done not to worry when it is happening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now