Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nuchal scan tomorrow - hand holding please!

(8 Posts)
ChairmanWow Thu 14-Feb-13 15:36:27

Wonderful. I remember feeling horribly anxious about ours. You must be feeling so relieved and hopefully can enjoy your pregnancy now you know the odds are massively in your favour.

Gingerbreadpixie Thu 14-Feb-13 15:14:55

I'm back!

It all went well. I went in there with a risk of Downs of 1:315 due to my age. Adjusted risk came out at 1:1087. So it actually improved. I know it's not a guarantee of anything but it was v encouraging.

Baby was bouncing around all over the place. Very cute. And the sonographer was superb. She said the scan was "text book". I felt so proud smile

Bejeena Thu 14-Feb-13 10:16:54

How did it go? Bet every bit of anxiety was gone when you saw that little one on the screen, I almost cried at mine. Try and take it easy today as you are probably shattered after it all along with a rubbish nights sleep.

Gingerbreadpixie Wed 13-Feb-13 22:50:32

Thanks for the replies and kind words of encouragement xxx

Roxvox thank you I will try to remember the counting too xxx

roxvox Wed 13-Feb-13 22:20:12

Hi GingerbreadPixie

I suffer from anxiety too, and am dreading going for my scans (but at the same time I cannot wait to see what's going on in there). I should point out that I am only at 6 weeks today so am still in the 'please stick' stage of my pregnancy (which is making me anxious enough as it is!)

I just saw this post and wanted to wish you luck. Remember to take some deep breaths before you start, and I always find it helps when I am in anxious situations to count things. I.e. count how many letters I can see in a poster on the wall or something. I don't know if that will help you at all but thought I would suggest it anyway!

Good luck, I hope that it all goes well for you. x

Bejeena Wed 13-Feb-13 21:34:15

I had mine yesterday and was also anxious, hardly any sleep night before but all went well and sure it will be same for you xxxx

HumphreyCobbler Wed 13-Feb-13 21:02:54

Best of luck XXX
These scan moments are hard, I find them really really challenging too.

It is more than likely to be fine, hold on to that thought smile

Gingerbreadpixie Wed 13-Feb-13 21:01:10

I've got my nuchal scan tomorrow first thing and I'm really nervous. I've seen the baby in ultrasound twice already. But obviously this is the first time they'll be looking for abnormalities. I suffer from anxiety anyway so needless to say I'm anxious. Just needed to say it really :/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now