Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Embarrassing Pregnant Bodies...

(18 Posts)
FirstTimeMa Wed 06-Feb-13 20:32:11

Blimey! Our bodies certainly get put through it don't they?! All worth it I'm sure though smile

ElliesWellies Wed 06-Feb-13 17:38:10

If it makes you feel any better, I have vulval varicose veins. This is DC2 and never had them the first time. Horrible!

FirstTimeMa Tue 05-Feb-13 23:20:47

Ta! I've always tried to eat my 5 a day so not sure it's that for me. starting to suspect everything (including Pregnacare supps!). Tried to eat slower this eve and also had a peppermint tea so hopefully DH will still be here in the morning!

cogitosum Tue 05-Feb-13 21:49:04

DH,S,P darling husband, son, partner

I'm 17 and 4 and exactly the same. I think weeblueberry is right I've been eating loads of fruit and veg

FirstTimeMa Tue 05-Feb-13 21:43:57

Have to ask, what does DH, DP, DS1 etc stand for? I'm new to this if you couldn't tell smile

Ooooh it's one of the things the midwife never tells you isn't it.

Well would be hard to phrase telling someone at some stage they will cough, parp and pass a small amount of urine!

Kafri Tue 05-Feb-13 18:03:14

Ha Ha - if I were you i'd advise DH to strengthen his stomach - call it practice for the nappies to come! Either that or leave him be in the spare room and make the most of having the bed to yourself grin

FirstTimeMa Tue 05-Feb-13 13:47:57

Glad I'm not alone! He'll just have to put up with it I guess smile Will give the yogurts a try and also try to chew my food properly instead of just inhaling it like normal!

MrsAceRimmer Tue 05-Feb-13 12:49:53

No advice sorry, but I absolutely reeked when pg with DC (both times). Used to have to do the 'fart n waddlerun in Tesco frequently. Much to DH embarrassment grin

cyclecamper Tue 05-Feb-13 12:46:47

I'm quite windy at the best of times, and it's only got worse. My husband wouldn't have married me if he couldn't cope with my general lack of ladylike grace! I've spent my working life with children, so I know that actually it is just funny grin.

Oooh, I've had this - totally embarrassed myself on the train last night. Oops! blush But hey-ho it's part and parcel.

I'm trying Windeeze to get rid of any big build ups - the pharmacist says its safe in pregnancy as it's not absorbed by the body......

VitoCorleone Tue 05-Feb-13 09:53:44

When i was pregnant with DS2 i had the most awful wind ever! I was constantly farting! I didnt have it with DS1 though weirdly.

In fact i dont think DP had ever heard me fart until i was pregnant with DS2 lol

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 05-Feb-13 09:50:36

I would try having a daily probiotic to help the good bacteria in your gut!

weeblueberry Tue 05-Feb-13 09:33:54

Are you eating more fruit and veg for your fibre intake? I was thinking last night that I was much more, ahem, regular than I used to be and realised that it must be because I'm making sure I have at least 5 portions of fruit and veg a day whereas before I barely considered it!

KelleStar Tue 05-Feb-13 08:58:35

I'm 29+4

KelleStar Tue 05-Feb-13 08:58:05

Know what you mean! DC2 loves playing the mummy organ shock. I coughed in Asda the other day and let a rip roaring fart off, then when I started laughing, i couldn't stop trumping grin DD 2.1 though this was mortifying as she had her shock shocked face on and said mummy farted very loudly, oh well good job It's miles away from home.

funkky Tue 05-Feb-13 08:43:22

Oh gosh! Sorry I can't help but have a lightly similar issue. I have a very bad cold and when I sneeze, I let out a very loud pop blush.

I can't seem to hold it in since pg, so far it hasn't happened in public, but been home mainly and start a new job soon so really quite worried.

DH finds it funny.

Somebody help us!

FirstTimeMa Tue 05-Feb-13 07:06:37

Not sure if this is something to worry about or not but it's certainly causing problems in our household! For the second night my husband has had to leave the bedroom to sleep on the sofa as he can't stand the smell of my nighttime trumps anymore! I'm 26 weeks pregnant and for the last few weeks I've been suffering from wind so bad it beggars belief! It gets worse in the evening (thank goodness else I think I'd be sacked from work!). Is this normal? Anything I can eat/avoid to help the problem?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now