Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Last night my mucus plug left me....

(15 Posts)

36 weeks and it just up and left...what do i do now.

looneytune Sun 20-Jan-13 12:54:04

Hi. If it was me I'd be ringing the triage number to get advice smile

pumpkinsweetieMasPudding Sun 20-Jan-13 12:59:53

Call your mw to let them know straigjt away.
Don't worry though as it doesn't nesessarily mean birth is to be soon.
My best friend had the same and her baby was 10 days late!

Well it was my mucus plug and then a bloody show.
Ah i don't think ill bother my MW till i'm getting contractions.
just shitting myself as the realization that i'm going to be a mum soon hit me when it happened.

ZuleikaD Sun 20-Jan-13 14:01:10

Good luck! With my first I was getting bloody show for four days before contractions started in earnest.

sundaesundae Sun 20-Jan-13 14:05:21

I think you should phone LW and discuss, at 36 weeks it is pre-term and they might want you in for an exam or a trace?

best of luck, it does sound imminent doesn't it!!

The baby is moving around as normal so im not to worried. I'm about 2 cm dilated.
god i could be starting a labor thread soon ahhh

DontGrumbleGiveAWhistle Sun 20-Jan-13 15:08:51

Agree with previous posters - at 36 weeks I'd take no chances and ring the hospital. They'll be able to give you some advice on what to watch out for etc and as said above they might want to see you for a trace given your gestation.

looneytune Sun 20-Jan-13 16:22:27

I also wouldn't wait for contractions, I'd call the labour ward and at least ask them what they think, that's what they are there for!

TwitchyTail Sun 20-Jan-13 16:30:40

Another vote for calling the labour ward for advice.

But I hope it's not wrong that "it just up and left" gave me the giggles grin

It was meant too smile i was feeling humorous at the time

DontGrumbleGiveAWhistle Sun 20-Jan-13 17:42:49

(Did you follow it to see where it went?)

it would have involved climbing down the loo so i didn't.
Ihope its in a better place now. I hear the cervix it a bit dark damp and gets a sharp prodding from a one eyed snake ever so often. not the best life really.

NAR4 Sun 20-Jan-13 18:10:44

I lost mine at 36 weeks in my last pregnancy but nothing happened (no contractions). Ended up being induced 2 days past my due date because my waters broke, but still no contractions.

Phoned my midwife when it happened and she wasn't the slightest bit bothered and said not to worry unless I started to have pains.

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Sun 20-Jan-13 23:07:46

I dont know. Im quite partial to a prodding occasionally! wink My plug departed weeks before labour. Id just phone it in and sit tight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now