Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Woke up lying in my tummy...

(10 Posts)
scarlettsmummy2 Sun 20-Jan-13 23:08:56

Another tummy sleeper! My husband used to wake me up when I was pregnant with first baby until he had checked it was fine!

katiecubs Sun 20-Jan-13 23:04:37

Of course not! I slept on my tummy until it became impossible to do so!

weeblueberry Sun 20-Jan-13 19:05:54

I've done the same and generally sleep in a 'recovery' position too. I sort of feel that the only reason I'm feeling her more when I do this is because I'm putting a wee bit pressure on my tum - I feel her more when wearing a slightly tighter pair of jeans too.

Its fine. Im 25 weeks and being on my tummy is the most comfy for me so was worried and asked my GP and she said it was fine, baby is surrounded by fluid.

nextphase Sun 20-Jan-13 09:56:54

He'll be fine! I slept on my tummy most of the way through both pregnancies, as it was the most comfortable. Both mine are fine.
Apparently my Mum also slept on her tummy when carrying me.

YDdraigGoch Sun 20-Jan-13 09:56:20

He's surrounded by fluid. He'll be absolutely fine.

MightBeMad Sun 20-Jan-13 09:54:08

He'll be absolutely fine! Don't worry smile

MightBeMad Sun 20-Jan-13 09:53:53

He'll be absolutely fine! Don't worry smile

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Sun 20-Jan-13 09:46:43

I don't think so, but not 100% sure.

AlisonL1981 Sun 20-Jan-13 09:43:47

I woke up on the night lying on my tummy, I didn't feel uncomfortable but little man was kicking away. I wasn't flat on my stomach more to the right in the "recovery position" which was my normal sleeping position before pregnancy. Can this hurt him? I'm 24 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now