Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dull lower backache and crampy - 34wks

(5 Posts)
orangetickle Sun 13-Jan-13 18:25:17

34wks tomorrow. Been feeling lots of BH over the last few days (belly getting very hard for a few minutes and then going away) and this morning I felt lots of back contractions (but seemed to be irregular, and could well have been because I was sitting in an awkward position at church). For the last 30mins I've had a constant, dull, backache across my hips: nothing seems to get rid of it.

This is #2: DD wasn't born until 40+2.

I saw my doctor on Thursday, and I didn't have a UTI then, so don't think it's that.

Baby is moving fine. Been drinking lots so not dehydration.

Do I need to worry?

orangetickle Sun 13-Jan-13 19:44:19

Anyone?

Don't worry. Do give your local maternity unit a call. They might want u to get checked out, but if if if things are kicking off it's much better you go in ASAP.
Am sure it's all fine, hope you get comfy soon.

NAR4 Mon 14-Jan-13 09:39:01

I am 35 wks now and have also been getting a lot of painful BH and back contractions, that even wake me up at night. My midwife was not concerned at all when I told her last wk. If in any doubt though get checked at your day assessment unit.

orangetickle Mon 14-Jan-13 11:09:14

Thanks both. They seem to have stopped overnight, although they were very painful until then, so hopefully they were nothing...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now