Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you eat it?

(16 Posts)
Eletheomel Wed 09-Jan-13 19:50:39

Glad you went for it (it'd have been a shame to waste good home cooking :-)

I think whenever your suspect about something, just start heating it up, you can totally smell if its went off (it's rank - you can't miss it) and if it smells okay, then it's okay to eat.

Mawgatron Wed 09-Jan-13 19:08:09

Eat it. Or bring it to me in Bedford so I can eat it. Mmmmm bolognaise....

ScubaSarah Wed 09-Jan-13 18:50:15

I added fresh chillies, cooked it for 20 mins (surely nothing bad would survive that!?) while I cooked some rice and it was delish
thanks ladies x

campergirls Wed 09-Jan-13 18:11:49

I'd eat it without hesitation, and would definitely NOT assume that Domino's Pizza was safer! That will have been kept warm-ish during transit to your house which is the worst possible set-up from a food health/hygiene point of view.

TwitchyTail Wed 09-Jan-13 18:00:01

Heat it to a boil (with extra water if necessary) for a few minutes, then enjoy smile

orangetickle Wed 09-Jan-13 17:57:56

I probably would.

Question though about the 'piping hot' (probably a stupid one). Do you have to eat it whilst it is piping hot, or can you make it piping hot, let it cool and then eat it...??

Ellypoo Wed 09-Jan-13 17:54:34

I would eat it.

lljkk Wed 09-Jan-13 17:53:36

Piping hot yes, it'd be gone already.

EwokStorageUnit Wed 09-Jan-13 17:49:19

My theory is if there's no obvious mould, just heat it up until boiling!

TinkyPeet Wed 09-Jan-13 17:43:40

I'm sure it will be fine smile

ScubaSarah Wed 09-Jan-13 17:43:23

Thanks ladies
Foof LOL - that's not helping the lard arse I'm developing here ;-)

*bustles off to have vaguely healthy tea….

YDdraigGoch Wed 09-Jan-13 17:40:50

Yep. Eat it. Doesn't need to be piping hot. My DH eats it cold from the fridge.

SilverSixpence Wed 09-Jan-13 17:40:11

I'd eat it. You could always heat till piping hot if very paranoid

FoofFighter Wed 09-Jan-13 17:37:58

If it was pretty cool in the kitchen I would, not if the heating was on. Piping hot.

Or get the Dominoes Pizza wink

Onlyconnect Wed 09-Jan-13 17:36:19

I woud eat it. Just make sure you get it piping hot.

ScubaSarah Wed 09-Jan-13 17:32:18

I'm 10+3 and slightly paranoid about do and don't eats. Hubby made Bolognese 2 nights ago with super fresh stuff but forgot to cover and put in fridge overnight. Went in the fridge yesterday (early) am when I got up.
I'm starving and have no decent food in /can't be arsed to go to Tesco… but am slightly wary cos it was out overnight. 2 days in fridge is fine I think… If I wasn't duff upwards I wouldn't blink but should I steer clear and be safe?

Thoughts, before I eat my own arm instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now