Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cravings....what do you fancy right now?

(45 Posts)
Hanikam Tue 08-Jan-13 15:05:37

My God, I fancied fish cooked with green tomatoes. BIL brought some back from mil's and I've cooked them for tonight. Can't wait for dinner.

Gone off chocolate tho!

Rache1S Tue 08-Jan-13 18:27:30

Strawberry jelly! I just can't make it fast enough! blush

LaurenCaddy Tue 08-Jan-13 18:38:18

I'm actually rather gutted. I'm 30 weeks and yet to get any form of cravings. Don't particularly like anything i haven't before. Or lost tastes for anything.

My sister liked sponges and the smell of new carpet. She'd walk around carpet shops just to smell it. She's nibble on washing up sponges, she likes the texture.

I want weird cravings sad

Somersetlady Tue 08-Jan-13 19:01:10

Hello ladies

Am only 5 weeks gone at what stage do you get cravings? (First timer obviously)

I have gone off all crap which is most unlike me, used to have chocolate cravings before I was pregnant...... Daily..... I am sure that is the wrong way round!

FoofFighter Tue 08-Jan-13 19:10:16

Sometimes women don't get cravings as much as aversions Somersetlady.

flyingsprocket Tue 08-Jan-13 19:13:44

Don't really have any cravings but have been eating alot chocolate. I didn't really like the stuff before I was pg. Could eat a whole packet of chocolate biscuits right now if I had the energy to get of the couch & walk to the kitchen to find them!

WeeWeeWeeAllTheWayHome Tue 08-Jan-13 19:17:26

Pot Noodles! Haven't had any for years and don't intend to give it although they were selling 4 for a a minuscule amount at the Coop

Twiglets. Got through a whole tin in two days.

snickers251 Tue 08-Jan-13 19:20:22

Clarelou13

I have the teeth cleaning thing too, had it with ds and this pg!

Not so much the smell of bleach but certain cleaning products I could happily sit there sniffing grin

KFFOREVER Tue 08-Jan-13 19:22:43

31 weeks and I have no cravings whatsoever! Food is horrible at the moment and eating is a chore since 1 week before i found out i was pregnant. Before being pregnant i had a sweet tooth now anything sweet makes me so ill. Enjoy your cravings ladies x

Somersetlady Thu 10-Jan-13 17:50:46

Kf I am the same - hope it lasts! Only want fruit veg and meat! Lots of home made soups I used to be a packet of crips and chocolate bar a day girl!

TwitchyTail Thu 10-Jan-13 17:51:44

This thread is making me hungry grin

Creamtea1 Thu 10-Jan-13 18:38:32

Curries, salad cream and wham bars!
Also gone off tea a bit and chocolate, very strange.

PhieEl06 Thu 10-Jan-13 19:34:32

A chicken tikka masala, a very sweet coconutty one! With a pinky sauce! & lots of cheese sandwiches or baguettes, but the cheese has to be grated otherwise it makes me heave!

MyFriendGoo Thu 10-Jan-13 20:05:49

Intense dairy cravings for the first four months (cheeeeeese) now giving way to more sensible things like pineapple and felafel salad. So relieved, thought I would never be able to stomach a healthy thing again for a while there!

sunnysunnyshine Thu 10-Jan-13 20:12:04

ICE! Had the same craving with dc1 but at least that was in the summer. I'm bloody freezing at the mo but am still getting through trays of the stuff.

It's a pain actually as its an insatiable craving so really frustrating. Plus I'm worried about my poor teeth.

Haven't got up in the night for it yet this time (dh used to find me standing at the freezer chomping away), but I do often lie awake thinking about it. I feel like an ice junky!

Right have to go and get some now I'm thinking about it.

Steffanoid Sat 12-Jan-13 16:38:57

over the christmas few weeks it was oranges, I don't normally like oranges but couldn't get enough of them, orange juice, navel oranges, clementines, during a 9 hour shift i had 5 clementines and about 2.5 litres of not from concentrate orange juice, it's died down now, which is good because my work collegues were starting to think I was nuts!
now i've moved onto ice cream, me and my OH are eating it every day, I don't think he needs the excuse though!!
other than that i'm having the seeing and having to eat craving! my doctors is about 30 seconds away from Mcdonalds and i end up there every time when i was in the docs for appointments, i think i need blinkers !!

StuckOnARollercoaster Sat 12-Jan-13 17:51:03

taramasalata! had one stick of celery to dip in it and then decided it was better to just eat the whole tub with a spoon in one go!
(oops)

mamabrownbear Sat 12-Jan-13 18:01:38

Early on in pregnancy I was craving irn bru!!

TinkyPeet Sat 12-Jan-13 21:01:32

Everything!! Haha, if I think of something that sounds nice, or someone has mentioned it (like my mum n dad havin steak tonight OM!!!) then I just NEED it. Walked past the pic n mix in tesco earlier then had to go back later to get some sour cherries!! X

talulahbeige Sun 13-Jan-13 15:51:51

Cakes, pastries and choc, especially chocolate orange and jam donuts, unfortunately I've just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes!

Clarabell78 Sun 13-Jan-13 17:00:15

Ambrosia creamed rice and tinned peaches! Just been to asda to pick some up :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now