Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does "preseed" help conceive ?

(32 Posts)
stephbecominglittler Thu 03-Jan-13 17:26:12

I have bought some preseed of amazin and was just wondering wether it actually works x

12ylnon Thu 03-Jan-13 17:36:41

We had been trying for 18 months. Started using preseed and conceived within the next 4 months. Could have been a coincidence though.

SweetTeaVodka Thu 03-Jan-13 17:38:29

We used it and it still took us a year to conceive, but who knows, could have taken us longer if we stuck to KY. We bought it because we'd heard and seen lots of rave reviews of people falling on the first or second cycle of using it, and figured it couldn't hurt.

Paradisefound Thu 03-Jan-13 17:41:55

I was using it when I conceived. I have no idea if it helped, but well worth trying in my opinion.

stephbecominglittler Thu 03-Jan-13 17:41:55

Am so desperate to extend my little family sad xxxx tying everything possible

nellyjelly Thu 03-Jan-13 17:44:03

It is sperm friendly unlike other lubricants. Won't kill any sperm that gets in there so will help.

MySonIsMyWorld Thu 03-Jan-13 17:46:31

Yup! Conceived within 1 month of using wooooop!

stephbecominglittler Thu 03-Jan-13 17:47:17

Hope so smile me and my partner have a lb so I doubt it's anything to do with infertility I just think we have the timing wrong sad x

stephbecominglittler Thu 03-Jan-13 17:47:49

Can't wait for it to turn up in the post lol

10storeylovesong Thu 03-Jan-13 18:01:52

I'd been trying for 8 months before buying that and fell pg in 2nd month of using it. Probably coincidence...

Tinselandchocolates Thu 03-Jan-13 18:16:16

Just as a tip, use a lot less than they suggest, you'll know what I mean after first use!! It certainly doesn't hurt.

PuffPants Thu 03-Jan-13 18:21:23

We conceived first month of trying using Conceive Plus (next to the pregnancy tests in Boots). I was stunned. I had had two pregnancy losses and each time it had taken up to six months to conceive so I was fully expecting it to take a while.

A friend recommended it after she conceived first time she used it too.

Prob just luck but worth a shot. Btw, don't use too much...wink

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 03-Jan-13 18:21:29

I don't think it helps get you pregnant but it doesn't hinder like some lubes do. Don't fully rely on it to magically get you pregnant.

Re timing - are you dtd 3 times a week, every week?

PearlyWhites Thu 03-Jan-13 18:25:48

I got pregnant the first month I used it but it was also the second month of soy isoflavones.

twentythirteen Thu 03-Jan-13 18:28:38

I've conceived with it and without it. If, ahem, ttc occurs when you don't feel like it then I would imagine preseed being very helpful. Good luck!

Eletheomel Thu 03-Jan-13 19:41:09

I used it, but I found that I seemed to develop cystitis after use, which would linger for a long time.

I hate cystitis (used to suffer from it in the past)! So, in the end I stopped using it and conceived the month after I stopped.

Not sure if the cystitis was just bad timing or whether having the extra lubricant and sitting with my legs up was leading to some of it getting in my urinary tract (i had never used any kind of lubricant before) but I didn't want to risk it.

I'm not aware of anyone else having this problem though so I wouldn't want that to put you off (if nothing else, I quite liked the 'feel' of the pre-seed :-)

stephbecominglittler Thu 03-Jan-13 20:07:24

Havingalittlebabyfaith ---- yes we dtd at least 3 times a week or more smile but nothing seems to be working x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 03-Jan-13 20:09:14

How long have you been trying for now?

Celestialcloud Thu 03-Jan-13 20:16:35

I tried it for a month or 2 and I did quite like it but then I ran out of applicators. Sometimes I used it without the applicator but the month that I fell pregnant I hadn't used it.
Unfortunately I miscarried so I might give it another go just for fun.

stephbecominglittler Fri 04-Jan-13 10:59:14

I have been trying since last may when u m/c xxx

stephbecominglittler Fri 04-Jan-13 11:37:34

I *

TwitchyTail Fri 04-Jan-13 14:47:16

I got pregnant on first use of it (had been "not trying but not preventing" for 6 months beforehand). Coincidence? Maybe.

But what I found out quite late is that KY Jelly, while not a dedicated spermicide, does have sperm-deterrent properties. We'd been using this beforehand, so maybe it was stopping that rather than starting PreSeed? Who knows. For £13, I think it's worth a go!

I have read that using this makes you more likely to conceive a boy ....does that fit with anyone heres experience?

TwitchyTail Fri 04-Jan-13 15:51:25

Boy here - which gives you a statistically reliable 100% result with an N of 1 grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 04-Jan-13 16:00:44

probably a girl here - used conceive plus. Just to skew your statistics! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now