Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Any North Lancashire/South Cumbria Mums-to Be Out There?

(51 Posts)
BadMissM Thu 03-Jan-13 13:31:03

Have tried the Lancashire local board, but one I'd blown off the inches of dust looked into it properly there was a big aft nothing going on there. Just wondered if there were any mums-to-be in the North Lancs/South Cumbria who'd like to chat, share experiences, and maybe meet up? smile

BadMissM Sun 31-Mar-13 14:00:14

Next meet-up Wednesday 3 April, 10.30am, The Novel Cafe, New St, Lancaster See you there!!!!

BadMissM Mon 25-Mar-13 20:22:59

BTW, the time we had thought of was about 10.30-11.00 to give people time to get there...

BadMissM Mon 25-Mar-13 20:22:19

Hello again, North Lancs/South Cumbria Mums-to-be and Mums! We are thinking about having another meet-up on Friday 3 April if anyone would like to come...we are trying to decide on the venue. We met in the Novel Cafe in Lancaster last time.

Thoughts?

Ideas???

BadMissM Fri 08-Feb-13 17:35:15

Thanks to everyone who made it to the first North Lancs/South Cumbria Meet-Up today. Was lovely to meet you, Flo and Sammit! If anyone has any suggestions for places to meet up or ideas for the next meet-up....feel free to post!

BadMissM Wed 06-Feb-13 19:01:15

Oodsigma Thanks!

Just to repeat myself AGAIN...

I am a complete idiot who can't even read the calendar properly. I blame it on pregnancy brain....blush Sorry to have muddled everyone up.... thanks

The meet up is Friday, fine, 10.30, fine....*but the 8th February, not the 10th* (which would be a Sunday....) So please change the date in your diaries!!!

The meet-ups board is here local.mumsnet.com/lancashire/group-meet-ups/north-lancs if you want to add yourself, but even if you don't get time, feel free to come along!

brew Friday 8 February, 10.30am, Novel Cafe, Lancaster. smile

Or if you want to join in the discussion in North Lancs/South Cumbria, it's here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria

Oodsigma Mon 04-Feb-13 19:23:38

Update on FGH/RLI ambulance problem

BadMissM Sat 02-Feb-13 15:16:16

Kafri You're still more than welcome in our chat, and at the meet-up if you can make it!!!

Kafri Fri 01-Feb-13 20:23:21

Hi all, i'm not quite local - Chorley. Also not pg - had ds 6 weeks ago so i'm technically gatecrashing but thought i'd say hi anyway.

BadMissM Fri 01-Feb-13 16:01:56

I am a complete idiot who can't even read the calendar properly. I blame it on pregnancy brain....

The meet up is Friday, fine, 10.30, fine....but the 8th February, not the 10th (which would be a Sunday....) So please change the date in your diaries!!!

The meet-ups board is here[[ local.mumsnet.com/lancashire/group-meet-ups/north-lancs]] if you want to add yourself, but even if you don't get time, feel free to come along!

Friday 8 February, 10.30am, Novel Cafe, Lancaster.

Or if you want to join in the discussion in North Lancs/South Cumbria, it's here [[ www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria]]

Oodsigma Fri 01-Feb-13 13:33:33

Meeting 6pm at Greengate school in Barrow tonight. Saw it on twitter.

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Fri 01-Feb-13 12:37:59

Cant believe theyve done this...

Oodsigma Thu 31-Jan-13 20:23:14

Spoke to one of the maternity matrons earlier. It's being reviewed in 2 weeks but they are prepared for a month.
Low risk from Lancaster will be sent to kendal or barrow to make room.
If we have any dodgy weather again it's going to be v dangerous since there was no way out of Furness last week in the snow.

BadMissM Thu 31-Jan-13 20:18:09

This is disgraceful...they are already overcrowded at Lancaster...and with the new midwife led-unit at Barrow...what happens if it goes wrong...airlifting them to Lancaster? Not good....

Oodsigma Thu 31-Jan-13 13:42:36

Thought you might be interested in this

hospital closure

BadMissM Tue 29-Jan-13 11:24:38

The time is nigh(ish). You couldn't tell I'm getting a bit excited or anything....
The meet-ups board is here[[ local.mumsnet.com/lancashire/group-meet-ups/north-lancs]] if you want to add yourself, but even if you don't get time, feel free to come along!

Friday 10 February, 10.30am, Novel Cafe, Lancaster.

Or if you want to join in the discussion in North Lancs/South Cumbria, it's here [[ www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria]]

BadMissM Fri 25-Jan-13 12:36:45

Right. Meet-Up. 10 February, 10.30am, Novel Cafe, Lancaster.

Details on Meet-ups Board HERE: local.mumsnet.com/lancashire/group-meet-ups/north-lancs

BadMissM Mon 21-Jan-13 14:03:31

Okeydokey folks...The meet-up is now officially on the Meet-Ups Board for North Lancs, and can be found here local.mumsnet.com/lancashire/group-meet-ups/north-lancs It will be taking place at the Novel Cafe, Lancaster, on Friday 10 February at 10.30 am, so if you fancy coming along, join the list!!!

BadMissM Mon 21-Jan-13 10:54:20

The place we'd thought of is The Novel Cafe in Lancaster... has space for play for LOs too....

www.fancyacuppa.co.uk/reviews/2012/07/11/the-novel-cafe-lancaster/

BadMissM Mon 21-Jan-13 10:52:19

OK, the North Lancs/South Cumbria mums are discussing a possible meet-up.... so far, ideas are - Lancaster on 10 February at about 10.30am.....

We are carrying on the discussion at: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria

BadMissM Sat 12-Jan-13 19:43:05

In case this has dropped out of chat again. Any North Lancashire or South Cumbria Mums-to-Be, we are carrying on the chat over on the local board at: [[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria ]]

BadMissM Thu 10-Jan-13 21:05:52

OK Ladies...if you want to carry on chatting, I've set up a thread on Mumsnet Local to carry on the chat and revive the boards over there! Maybe evn set up some meet-ups?

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria

BadMissM Mon 07-Jan-13 15:58:39

OK everyone...have also set up a thread on Mumsnet local for us to carry on chatting!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_lancashire/1653481-Mums-to-Be-North-Lancs-and-Cumbria

See you over there!

BadMissM Mon 07-Jan-13 15:19:23

PaleHousewife had considered it, but am a bit far from the RLI if anything goes wrong...also nearly died last time, plus my age, so I thought I would ask for an ELCS. I'd rather have a well-planned ELCS than a rushed and unplanned EMCS.

When I had DD, nearly died despite being in state of the art French hospital...

The Harmony Test is an amazing jump....the place where I had it also gives all funds made to try and get it for the NHS www.fetalmedicine.com/fmc/

This explains it better: www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2197881/New-blood-test-Downs-lowers-risk-miscarriage-Screening-accurate-safer-babies.html

Good job I didnt depend on the local PCT really....

PaleHousewifeOfCumbriaCounty Sun 06-Jan-13 21:31:07

This test sounds amazing, a real revolution. Have you thought about home birth, BadMissM ?

BadMissM Sun 06-Jan-13 15:04:43

Hi Palehousewife. Yep, they told me they didn't do them here, but they 'might be reconsidering' after April, but that 'would be too late for me'. Luckily, I hadn't trusted our local PCT as far as I could throw them (was just a hunch), and I went and had the Harmony Test (The new blood test for Downs) in London a week ago, and am going back for the nuchal part and the results next Monday. If I'd waited on the PCT I would have been out of time... Am now really glad I went...

Had 12 week scan on Friday, which is when I asked.... but I don't have booking in appt until 2 weeks time....

Had DD abroad, so really different set up. Am still reeling in shock that no-one has really physically examined me yet... in France lots of scans, blood tests, examinations.

I'm just really surprised because of my age they haven't offered anything... in France got tests just because I was over 30, let alone 45.

madamecake They won't let me near Helme Chase, I ring whistes and bells! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now