Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Am I being unreasonable

(29 Posts)
Lovelylace Sun 30-Dec-12 18:25:58

i am 32 weeks, and my partner and I have just had an enormous argument, where I have given him an ultimatum. Basically, he has a male friend who I don't like and do not trust, this friend is unfaithful to his wife, lies to the girls he picks up, saying he is single, and talks disrespectfully about women in general. He does cocaine and after a night out with this man I found text messages on my partners phone discussing prices for sex with some prostitutes. This was a year ago, and we had a massive argument then, my partner stopped seeing this guy for a while but has over the summer started going out with him again. There is also a woman he sees, he says she is an old friend, I have met her once and think she is a bit of an insincere bimbo golddigger and did put my foot down about him seeing her too. In late October this year he was out with these two and I had to go into a&e as I was bleeding, he didn't bother coming home all night and when he eventually got home he was pissed and in no fit state to be of any help at all. I had it out with him then, and he has behaved better since, but I now find text messages on his phone to both of these people, and it worries and saddens me. We had another row today, where he said he would not stop seeing them as they are his friends, so if it didn't suit that was it. I decided to stick to my guns and I left him at home and went to a friend. I don't know if I am being unreasonable, but I can not see any redeeming qualities in these people and should nit a pregnant girlfriend of 14 years be more important than some drinking buddies? Anyway, anyone else that have left their partner at 32 weeks pregnant, and managed to move out, and how do I get to hospital when it's time? Or should I concede and go back and be a good little girl that do not put up ultimatums?

noblegiraffe Mon 31-Dec-12 14:16:34

Good luck. Hopefully his family will remain supportive even if he is not. Remember, as the father of the child he also has financial responsibility towards their upkeep.

Lovelylace Mon 31-Dec-12 14:28:53

yep, onwards and upwards, just gonna get through NY, come the second of January I am off checking out estate agents...I am sure it will at times be awful and I will feel very lonely, and it is hard sometimes to see the wood for the trees, but I think me and baby Tristan will be able to cope just fine on our own..

Lovelylace Mon 31-Dec-12 14:30:04

what is the score on that BtW, does anyone know how much and if there is any advice on the matter from some website or another?

You could try citizen's advice for a start? There are loads of threads on here, too. Good luck, lovelylace, let us know how you get on x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now