Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Would you wear either of these maternity slogan t-shirts from Asda?

(14 Posts)
perplexedpirate Sat 29-Dec-12 11:59:12

Yes, I would wear these t-shirt, as handy layering when hell freezes over.
Ick ick ick!

Kelerina Sat 29-Dec-12 10:15:37

Noooo, tacky tacky tacky

TwitchyTail Sat 29-Dec-12 09:34:24

I don't like slogan T-shirts so wouldn't wear them. I have been amused by a couple though:

From New Look near Halloween: "Things that go Bump in the night"

Owned by a friend in the US:

"NO it's not twins
NO I'm not overdue
YES it's supposed to be this size"

Dandelion75 Sat 29-Dec-12 08:38:34

No way. I saw this tshirt in Debenhams yesterday too - 'cute' slogan maternity tshirts are just awful!

nannyl Sat 29-Dec-12 08:25:13

No way.

I didn't need to push did. I breathed her our instead, and she landed on sofa.

Hope number 2 does the same

EwanHoHoHozami Sat 29-Dec-12 08:10:24

It's such lazy design, that's the offensive thing. I find the popularity of the "keep calm" meme on par with meerkats for mind-boggling tackiness.

weeblueberry Sat 29-Dec-12 08:09:55

Nope but like the others have said I'm not a big fan of slogans on tshirts. Doubly so on maternity wear.

Dolallytats Sat 29-Dec-12 07:57:22

No, but then I hate any maternity wear with slogans on them.

ThreeWheelsGood Sat 29-Dec-12 07:26:37

no - I'm nut a fab of slogan shirts anyway, but "too posh to push" is a fairly offensive phrase, and I don't find the "keep calm and..." trope funny.

Eurgh, no. ghastly.

stowsettler Sat 29-Dec-12 06:40:01

As above, not in a thousand million years. Slogan T-shirts - no words to describe their utter shitness. Do people really buy them?

PlainoldWitchesTit Sat 29-Dec-12 01:15:11

Slogan tshirts of any kind are just bleugh anyway.

Yes. I am into high fashion and that's exactly what they are grin

PMHull Sat 29-Dec-12 01:12:52

I've just written about my thoughts on two maternity t-shirts I've seen on sale at Asda for £8 each. You can see pictures of the t-shirts here, but just briefly, one has the slogan 'Too Posh to Push' on its front, and the other has the slogan 'Keep Calm and Push'.

I'd be really interested to know what everyone thinks about these t-shirts, and whether they'd buy/wear one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now