Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

PurplePoppySeed Sun 17-Mar-13 19:44:24

Hi ninja, I was exhausted about 8 weeks onwards. Only just getting better now, but still feel tired after a good 8 hour night! I'm sure it's good smile

HumphreyCobbler Sun 17-Mar-13 19:46:23

hello

I am nine weeks too. Tired is a good thing - and I keep telling myself that constant vomiting is a good thing too...

Countmyblessings Sun 17-Mar-13 21:12:33

Backwards - I have always loved the name Esther! It's also a lovely biblical name with a strong meaning!
Congrats to all the newbies!
Will def keep popping my head in to check on you all!
This thread and hand holding really helped me through the longest pregnancy ever!!!!! Thankful for my beautiful girl!!! Who is nearly 3 weeks old now!!
Right I'm off to put on the washing!!!!

MinkyWinky Mon 18-Mar-13 09:35:09

11 weeks now and although I'm still feeling nauseous, tired and hungry, it's starting to get less noticeable!

nerual Mon 18-Mar-13 12:58:16

I am 12 weeks, also feeling a bit leas tired etc. 12w scan on thurs...

Mrsd77 Tue 19-Mar-13 19:19:40

Hi all

Twenty week scan today and all is well. Great measurements and all is where it should be. Got myself in a right old tizz beforehand and now so relieved I feel sick again!

Didn't find out flavour. August is soon enough! I even let myself make a couple of purchases this afternoon. Eek!

nerual Tue 19-Mar-13 19:27:41

congrats Mrsd! I can imagine the relief must be enormous.

elsabel Tue 19-Mar-13 22:22:23

Congratulations mrsd what a big relief! Good luck with yours on thursday nerual

ninjasquirrel Wed 20-Mar-13 22:17:58

Good luck for tomorrow nerual!

nerual Thu 21-Mar-13 14:09:46

thanks! scan at 5, v. nervous. will update you all later!

nerual Thu 21-Mar-13 17:21:12

scan went fine! breathing sigh of relief!!

elsabel Thu 21-Mar-13 19:55:53

Thats great nerual. You must be so relieved, its a great feeling knowing all is well.

ninjasquirrel Thu 21-Mar-13 21:04:23

Yay! good news.

Yay nerual! grin

Mrsd77 Sun 24-Mar-13 09:49:38

nerual that's fantastic!!!!

76Chalky Sun 24-Mar-13 09:52:46

Hi, can I join?

I'm just wondering if any of you ladies out there have gone through bleeding in the 1st trimester and come out the other side still pregnant... I'm 10+4 wcs, just booked in with my midwife on Thursday and then started with a light brown discharge/bleed Thursday evening. Talked to midwife on Friday and she said it sounded like old blood, get back to them if it got heavier but not to worry. Of course I then had nothing on Friday, calmed down (4 previous mc no children so was panicking) until the evening when I had a heavier red bleed with stringy bits. This has now been going on all weekend, not as heavy as when I mc but I'm so scared it's just the start and there is literally no-one to put me out of my misery one way or the other until Monday. If it's a mc i know there's no stopping it, i just want to know!! DH is great but also helpless, so just need to chat to anyone who might have had similar, whatever the outcome. Thanks.

nerual Sun 24-Mar-13 16:16:08

Hi Chalky. I had a massive bleed at 6 weeks (was a Thursday evening). I didn't bleed for very long (maybe one night) but was a lot of bright red blood (enough to initially soak through all my clothes), was absolutely terrifying. Also had cramps for the whole weekend. No clots of any description though. Went for a scan the monday after, and although you could see an 'area of bleed' on the scan (and could still see it a week later), there was a heartbeat as well. I had another scan at 9 weeks and it had gone, and all looked fine. I would never have believed that it was possible to bleed so much and for the pg to still be fine, but apparently it is not that uncommon. I think if you have really bad cramps, that is supposed to be a worse sign than light bleeding...

76Chalky Sun 24-Mar-13 19:08:18

Hi neural. That's reassuring and i'm glad to hear things were ok for you. You must have been so relieved. The bleeding has been stop start all weekend but no cramps and it hasn't turned clotted like it has in the past in mc, so who knows. Probably another sleepless night until I can talk to my GP tomorrow and get a scan sorted. Just keeping everything crossed.

PurplePoppySeed Sun 24-Mar-13 19:30:15

Hi chalky, fingers crossed for GP appointment, you might be able to get in or an early scan to check.

mrsd and nerual - congrats on good scans smile

elsabel Sat 30-Mar-13 21:41:07

Hi how is everyone? hope it worked out ok for you chalky

littlestlily1974 Fri 05-Apr-13 13:02:29

Hi,can I join? I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I'm new to mumsnet.
I'm sending myself mad with the dreaded google!!! I can't help myself and am now so stressed :/ , I had a scan on Wednesday, at 5.2 weeks, and the scan showed a gestational sac measuring mean diameter of 8.33 mm and the start of a yolk sac, the sonographer said she wasn't worried, but I can't trust what they say and have to compulsively worry and check things out for myself, now the majority of sites I've seen say that's fine, but the ones that say the sac should be 1cm at 4.6 weeks are sending me batty!
What are people's thoughts?
Thanks smile

nerual Fri 05-Apr-13 13:15:50

welcome lily....early scans can be reassuring and worrying in equal measures....I had one at 7 weeks a week after a heavy bleed and totally freaked out because it showed big area of bleed as well as irregular gestation sac and baby smaller than should be, though heartbeat was there. all is fine and normal now, recently had 12w scan. I think its very, very hard for them to get exact measurements so early. try not to worry too much...though I know from experience that it's impossible not to!! and google is evil, try and stay away from it wink

littlestlily1974 Fri 05-Apr-13 15:09:54

Thanks Neural, I know your right xx

PurplePoppySeed Sun 14-Apr-13 18:47:16

Hello, thought I'd check in as it's been a bit quiet on here recently. Everyone still doing ok? I've got to 18 weeks and starting to get excited about 20 week scan. Maybe then I might feel brave enough to actually consider buying maternity clothes or things for a baby!

elsabel Sun 14-Apr-13 21:46:57

How exciting purple are you going to find out the sex?

I was the same, went out and bought loads after my 20 week scan and it feels more exciting then too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now