Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

PseudoBadger Mon 18-Feb-13 13:41:37

Hope you've managed to see a MW MrsReiver and you're ok?

Midori1999 Mon 18-Feb-13 13:49:38

Thanks Elsabel.

MrsReiver, good luck at the midwife, that sounds awful. sad

MrsReiver Mon 18-Feb-13 13:57:29

BP raised, protein in my urine - to go in tomorrow for monitoring for pre eclampsia sad

Countmyblessings Mon 18-Feb-13 14:18:44

Mrs R- so sorry, so close to the finishing line! Hopefully labour will just progress and baby will be here very soon!

All the best to you and baby xx

elsabel Mon 18-Feb-13 20:34:07

Hope everything is ok mrsreiver xx

MrsReiver Mon 18-Feb-13 21:12:00

Bags packed just in case, in laws booked to pick up and watch DS.

We're all prepared if they decide to keep me in, although I would rather not have the high BP and headache, I am a little excited at the idea of meeting the baby soon!

PurplePoppySeed Tue 19-Feb-13 13:56:33

Oh mrsR I hope you get good news and baby follows shortly. DH must have had his meeting now, so nothing to stop the little one arriving now. God luck, I'm sure I speak for all of us to say we've all got out fingers crossed for you & can't wait to hear your good news.

001001 Tue 19-Feb-13 14:54:27

Good luck mrsreiver, hope to hear good news soon x

MrsReiver Tue 19-Feb-13 16:20:26

I was admitted last night as my headaches became unbearable, but this morning everything was back to normal. All urine, bloods etc clear, BP lower, headache gone. Consultant discharged me but I've to see my commmunity midwife every week until baby arrives. I have a date for an induction but they don't think I'll make it as the baby is just starting to engage smile thanks for all the good wishes, I'll keep you informed.

I'm off for a nap!!

Glad your ok msriver smile

I got told by the epu I could have a scan on friday when I should be around 8 weeks im nervous about the risk of having an early scan but I would be nice to know there is a healthy bean in there sad not sure at all thoughts anyone?

PurplePoppySeed Tue 19-Feb-13 18:07:48

MrsR glad to hear you are feeling better today, enjoy your last few sleeps

Falcon are you worried about the physical or emotional side of an early scan? Physically I don't really think there is much to worry about, emotionally only you know how you feel. Everyone tells you it won't change the outcome, personally I liked the reassurance, but it doesn't stop me worrying again now that's have another 3 weeks until my 12 week scan. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 19-Feb-13 18:27:46

MrsR, glad everything is better today...were they as surprised as you at that?!
Hope you enjoyed your nap.

Falcon, I had a scan at 6wks this time, was fine during the scan but every second I've not 'felt' pregnant since I still think the worst is about to happen...so it was reassuring, looking at the stats which say after seeing a heartbeat your risk of mc is reduced, and very good for my DH (he was more upset than me over mc, so seeing heartbeat felt like moving on).
I've had my 12wk scan, next one is the end of March & everyday I don't 'feel' pg I'm straight on the doppler looking for a heartbeat.
Longwinded, but what I'm trying to say is once you've have a mc I don't think anything will reassure you until you're holding a newborn!

LandsN Tue 19-Feb-13 20:35:43

Hi all

Hope I can ask for some advice I have had 2 dc's and since had 3 mc's last one being 19/12/12 I am now nearly 5 weeks pg been to gp and midwife but feel a bit deflated last time they said once I fell pg again I could have all sorts of tests done to get to the bottom of the mc's but now they saying a consultant might not see me till 11 weeks but problem being I can't get past 8 weeks!!! Does anyone know what I should b pushing for and is it the gp or mw I need to see for it to happen? T.i.a.

elsabel Tue 19-Feb-13 22:12:43

Glad to hear all is good with you mrsr i hope everything goes smoothly and you manage to fit plenty of sleep in.

falcon are you scared of what the scan will show and how you will handle it emotionally? I was, but also it did reassure me and gives you something to hold on to through those moments of paranoia that something isnt right. I do agree with what garys says though, i think a mc affects how you deal with pregnancy afterwards.

Hi lands i really dont know what your best route would be but think if i was you id be pushing for extra care as after what youve been through you certainly deserve it even if just to help you deal emotionally. Am i right in thinking if youve had recurrent mc's theres medication a doctor can prescribe to help support the pregnancy along? Sorry i really dont know alot about it thats just what ive read, hope one of the MNs on here has the answer for you. Good luck x

LandsN Tue 19-Feb-13 22:41:49

Thanks for your reply I have had 3 mc's and am now 4+4 I am going to book myself in next week if I have not heard from the consultant x

I am petrified of both the emotional and physical aspects of the scan but i am going to have it i do agree though i dont think i will be relaxed until baby is in my arms xxx

LandsN Wed 20-Feb-13 14:58:33

I know exactly how u feel going for a scan now petrified at the prospect of not seeing that heart beat makes me feel sick x

PurplePoppySeed Thu 21-Feb-13 17:30:29

Falcon - based on everyone's comments on here, I think that's exactly right, though every week brings with it a little more confidence, especially getting past the stage you previously got to - that made a massive different for me.

Lands - have you managed to get referred to the EPU? Some advice I got from a friend that had 3 mc's and then had a healthy baby was to really slow down and relax in the first 12 weeks, don't do too much, dont stress about being late for things slow the exercise (if you do lots) and look after yourself, that's the main thing she changed. Seems so little, but I took the advice anyway, stopped running for the train in the mornings, just letting the next one come which made it more likely to find a seat, stopped walking so bloody fast everywhere etc etc (it's funny - now I notice how much of a rush everyone is always in) net result is maybe 10 mins later to work-no big deal, and way less stressed, I hope it's helping!

LandsN Thu 21-Feb-13 17:43:02

My midwife said almost the same and to relax for half hour everyday thinking nice thoughts in silence or chilling music deep breathing I have been trying but with a oh who works long hours and half term it's been quite hard roll on Monday when school starts again and my gp referred me Monday to the consultant but I am still waiting to hear anything he marked it urgent but I suppose our urgen is different to there's x

Midori1999 Thu 21-Feb-13 23:03:46

Good luck getting a consultant appointment LandsN, congratulations on your pregnancy.

MrsReiver, any news? I hope you are doing OK and the headaches etc have stayed away.

Thefalconmistress, is it your scan tomorrow? Good luck with it, I hope you're not too worried.

After all the ringing round I did last week, I got an appointment through to see the Haematologist that works with the obstericians today. It's for next Friday morning. I'm not sure if they are going to scan me, although I was led to believe they would do so prior to being pregnant. It's in the haematology department, so I'm not sure if the haematologist would have a scanner in her room maybe if she deals with pregnant women? confused I have a private scan booked for Saturday though, so if they don't scan me I will still go to that.

somanystripes Fri 22-Feb-13 12:50:06

Hi - can I tentatively poke my head round the door...? I might just lurk for a bit if you don't mind. I'm feeling a bit alone and was looking for some peeps that might understand.

Got a BFP last night and feeling a bit numb to be honest. We've had repeat miscarriages (four before my amazing one-year-old DD was born, and another one a few months ago). After the disappointment of the last pregnancy ending at eight weeks we decided to just see what happened, and I feel really lucky to have got pregnant again so soon. Neither of us can let ourselves get even slightly excited, and we won't even acknowledge the pregnancy again for a few more weeks (if it progresses that far) which is the only way we can deal with it.

I'm trying to be really calm and philosophical about it (which I'm sometimes managing, interspersed with "why don't I feel sick?!", "is that period pain?!" type panic), but I actually mostly feel sad and jaded by having been here so many times now, and guilty for not be able to be happy about something which should be lovely. Not sure if that makes sense.

Thanks for reading grin

Had my scan 8 + 5 very healthy bean grin

Countmyblessings Fri 22-Feb-13 19:52:18

Happy for you -falcon - yeh on healthy bean!!!!
Welcome - Somany- sorry about your losses!the wonderful thing about this thread is all the feelings you are experiencing WE have all been there, but don't feel guilty and I will tell myself everyday " today I'm pregnant"
And slowly things will progress the sickness will start with the sore boobs and constant weeing and the knicker checking will fade! So will the doubt but after you may get a scan- its a Hard long road one that I have been down with no problems and then some with pot holes!
Don't know if u read thread but I'm having my little one 4th march and can't wait till baby is safe in my arms ( although the constant kicks are reassurance)
Loads of hugs and hand holding till the end!

MrsReiver Fri 22-Feb-13 23:41:45

Baby boy born this afternoon, it was all a bit quick so we're all stunned!

001001 Sat 23-Feb-13 02:55:57

Congratulations mrsreiver! So pleased baby has arrived, are you all ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now