Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

nerual Fri 15-Feb-13 06:37:56

I don't have another scan with them, they discharged me and I just have to register with my gp as preg as per normal pregnancy now. I might ask my midwife if I can get another early scan, mbe end next week or week after, just because I have the area of bleed and irregularly shaped gestation sac.... or might get another private scan if that is not possible.

PurplePoppySeed Fri 15-Feb-13 07:32:37

Good plan, it can't be long until 12 weeks for you either?

nerual Fri 15-Feb-13 08:54:13

well, they measured 6 weeks last Friday, but I reckon I should have been more like 7 weeks, so should be 8 weeks around now. its a bit tricky as no af after ercp to measure properly from....

PurplePoppySeed Fri 15-Feb-13 08:58:45

Fingers crossed you get the same news as me - I was in a similar boat, only had 1 AF after erpc but I must have ov'ed a week later than expected. Reading stories on here it's really clear that the measuments are based on averages and I bet they have little growth spurts at this stage. Good news is we have longer to prepare for baby, bad news is the dreaded 1st trimester continues longer than planned!

001001 Fri 15-Feb-13 18:27:56

Poppy and neural, sounding positive! Ninja, symptoms are such a difficult thing to rely on aren't they? Will keep fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for all the messages, baby girl is lovely and sleeps and feeds fairly well so very very happy.

Right, a flurry of babies coming up if I remember correctly so will be checking in regularly, good luck all!

Midori1999 Fri 15-Feb-13 19:22:37

I'm about to try and read through as much of the thread as I can.... but can I join in please?

I am 5+3 and utterly terrified. sad I have APS/Hughes syndrome, which is a blood clotting disorder, so puts me at higher risk of miscarriage and late loss. I had three DC, presumably before I got this as trouble free pregnancies, then had one early miscarriage, one loss of my twin girls after they were born very prematurely at 24 weeks (my waters went at 14 weeks) and then another early miscarriage before I was diagnosed with APS and then I went on to have my DD.

I was told before pregnant to expect a consultant appointment for an early scan and booking at 7-8 weeks, but now no one seems to think I'll be seen by a consultant until after my 12 week scan and the only appointment I'll have before then is booking with the midwife at 8 weeks.

I'm really panicking that I am going to miscarry and doing pregnancy tests like a maniac to try and get a 3 weeks plus result on a digital test because I never did with my miscarriages. I know I am being stupid and should stop. blush

I think I am going to book a private early scan as I think I'll feel better once I (hopefully) see a heartbeat. I know that's no guarantee, but it's a start.

I'm not usually crazy, honest...

Countmyblessings Fri 15-Feb-13 19:54:49

001 - it's good to hear that all is good with you and baby enjoy!
Ner- it's such a horrible time and the worries don't go away without you relaxing, but that's hard as all you want to do is fast forwards the days so your baby grows starts moving and belly and boobs grow!!!
Good thing about this thread for you and Purple is we are here for you to help you get through these long days!!!!
Welcome Mid - congrats on your BFP!!!! It's not silly or obsessive what your going through is what we all went through once we got the " 2 lines/ pregnant - trust me I found out I was pregnant after ectopic and had to have bloods done to see if the count went up, then to see if baby in right place, then heartbeat then the 1 st scan and so on!
I'm 36 weeks still not over the worries but at least the finish line is close and will finally meet baby (dc4) whoop!!!!!!

elsabel Fri 15-Feb-13 21:21:29

Hope the first trimester goes quickly for everyone it can feel like forever but youl get through it.

Welcome mid, youre not silly i was terrible during my first trimester, an absoulute nervous wreck (and still have my moments now). Were all here for support. Also, i went to doctors when i found out i was pg as i was really anxious and managed to get an early scan at 7 weeks which was very reassuring, might be worth a try you may get one on the nhs if not though its a small price to pay for piece of mind.

I got told by my MW that if you have been in the care of your epu before your just self refer to them and you will get a scan in a couple of days mid

Finger crossed for everyone i am feeling good atm as i feel very rubbish iykwim sick a lot! 7+1 today so things seem good. I am still very nervous but i feel very positive smile

Midori1999 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:36:23

Thanks everyone. Sadly I'm even more worried today, I think I may go to the GP on Monday, although not sure what he will do? Maybe refer me to EPU or do bloods? The lines on my Internet cheaply tests have been all over the place, lighter, darker, lighter, darker etc although that could obviously be because they are cheap and nasty. However, I also got 2-3 weeks on a digi last Friday and now 8 days later it still says 2-3. From what I understand your HCG needs to be 200 to get a 2-3 result and 2000 to get a 3+, so really it should have gone up by now, although I know I ovulated on CD 18.

Thanks so much for the reassurance that I am not the only one like this.

countmyblessings congratulations on getting to 36 weeks! All good from there hopefully! smile

elsabel I don't mind paying for a private scan at all and if I get that far then I think that's what I'm going to do.

thefalconmistress (please tell me you actually have falcons? How cool would that be?! grin ) I have spoken to the EPU and she told me they don't see you just if you're worried, even if you've had early losses before or are high risk, she also lectured me about my GP giving my clexane, saying the haematologist should have given me it, which is obviously all very well if I could get a flipping appointment with them! I was in a different area before, but my haematologist there was amazing and referred me to the EPU right away.

I would happily pay privately for bloods to be done too, but I have no idea where to get it done, there doesn't seem to be anywhere in this area. I think I've resigned myself to a miscarriage now anyway, although I just wish it would happen. [Sad] Anything other than that will be a bonus.

Midori1999 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:37:37

thefalconmistress sorry, just noticed that you are only 7+1 yourself. Hopefully the feeling sick is a good sign.

PurplePoppySeed Sat 16-Feb-13 09:14:54

001 - glad to hear she's doing well

Countmyblessings - are you next? It's all so exciting grin

I'm feeling a lot more positive now, not sure why, but I think I'll tell a couple a friends today - both helped me through my mc anyway so it feels safe to tell them now.

Looking forward to hearing lots more good news and positive scans over the coming weeks.

elsabel Sat 16-Feb-13 09:25:35

Thats great that youre feeling positive purple . Its very helpful to tell close friends for support, i told my 2 closest friends before 12weeks as i needed someone to obsess about it to! And they were great.

mid i am so sorry to hear youre having a hard time and worrying. I know its really hard but please try to stay positive, i found it helpful to tell myself 'im pregnant until proven otherwise'. Pg tests can be very unreliable in a way i took loads in the first few weeks and drove myself insane as some would show darker than others, in the end my DP confiscated them!! (I am by no means calling you insane its very normal!) But get it checked Monday just to put your mind at rest and try to keep busy til then.

Midori1999 Sat 16-Feb-13 09:35:34

Thanks. I feel insane, so don't worry about it. I'll try and forget about it. I have a Christening cake to make today and the Christening to attend tomorrow, so that'll keep me busy.

Purple, good that you're feeling positive and able to tell people.

mid if you are having any cramping or spotting then walk into epu or a+e they have to see you and its better than tearing strips off yourself. In week 5 i was the same but them symptoms got worse and everything settled you will most probably be fine but you deserve reassurance and i am sorry your epu are @%#@

Alas I have no Falcons I just like lame B movies from the 40's smile

PurplePoppySeed Sat 16-Feb-13 19:30:25

Mid, I pestered the GP to refer me to the EPU this time as I was really worried too, she did and once the GP has referred you I don't think the EPU can say no can they? You definately deserve the time from them, I can't believe they wouldn't see you before 12 weeks that's shocking! Or do as the falcon mistress says maybe?

PseudoBadger Sat 16-Feb-13 19:35:45

My tactic is going to be sticking my head in the sand until my nuchal scan I think, as I had my mc the day before my scan last time sad
I'm just checking for blood every time i wipe, that seems to be as much as I can handle right now.

PurplePoppySeed Sat 16-Feb-13 20:14:16

Oh badger, I feel that worry too, I'm being more positive, but have to admit I do still do that too blush

MrsReiver Sun 17-Feb-13 10:11:00

Hi folks,

Up last night having contractions every 5 minutes from 2-4, getting pretty intense and at one point I nearly woke DH up but they obviously died down as I fell asleep.

Now I've just got fairly persistant period type pains. I've never been this pregnant before but I understand this can go on for a while before I see any action. Still - at least it means things are progressing in the right direction!

elsabel Sun 17-Feb-13 18:27:29

I still do the toilet roll thing at 25weeks! And alot of other things that make me mad but i feel i need to do (i suffer with ocd which drives my DP insane!)

Eek mrsreiver sounds like something is happening!! What week are you on? Whens your due date? (Sorry youve probably said i just cant see it on recent posts) xx

Midori1999 Sun 17-Feb-13 18:34:32

Mrsreiver, that sounds promising! Fingers crossed for you!

Badger, it's awful isn't it, I do the checking for blood too.

I was so blissfully ignorant in my first three pregnancies, it just didn't occur to me that something might go wrong. How wonderful it would be to be like that now!

I got a 3+ on a Clearblue digi today. I'm 5+5 by dates, but only 5+1 by when I ovulated, so that's made me feel slightly better. I'm not going to test anymore, I think I've spent about £50 on digital tests alone. blush I've also booked a private scan for two weeks yesterday, so I'll be 7+4 by dates then, so hopefully we'll see a heartbeat and be reassurred. smile

MrsReiver Sun 17-Feb-13 18:53:25

I'm due. next Monday, DH is a little stressed as he has a really, really important meeting at work tomorrow so I've to do nothing tonight to encourage any developments grin

No.more action today, just occasional tightenings and a dull ache in my lower belly.

elsabel Sun 17-Feb-13 20:18:39

Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you mid i have fingers x for you.

mrs reiver you'd better keep youre legs crossed then! [Smile]

elsabel Sun 17-Feb-13 20:21:51

Sorry that was meant to be a smile

MrsReiver Mon 18-Feb-13 09:38:59

Blinding headache and swollen feet and hands this morning, fortunately the midwife is in on a Monday and she's got a free appointment. Hoping it's nothing serious confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now