Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

Freyaee Sun 10-Feb-13 20:39:53

Thanks 001001 and Countmyblessings for the welcome smile It must be so exciting to be nearing meeting your new babies! Its lovely to hear so many positive stories amidst the sad ones. I really hope I'm going to join you and the thread graduates come October!

elsabel, congrats, do you have any other children or will this be your first, too? I completely share your anxiety, as 001001 said, it's really hard to explain to other people why you're so worried when they either don't know or haven't experienced it. Let's just hold on to our excitement and hope that everything will go well this time for us all!

elsabel Sun 10-Feb-13 23:01:08

Thanks all for the welcome all! Countmyblessings youre almost at the finish line!! smile

frey , this is my first also and were having a girl (well thats what the scan showed but every now and then i worry that they got it wrong and all the stuff were buying in pink is a waste!) I am a worrier and will worry about anything possible! I know you must be nervous right now and i remember it like it was yesterday but the 12 weeks wont last forever just be kind to yourself and try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know). It cant be easy not having people to talk to so youve come to the right place here!

MrsReiver Mon 11-Feb-13 09:02:00

Just a flying visit to see how everyone is doing - and to welcome all the newbies, congratulations on your BFPs and good luck for a happy and healthy 9 months!

001 how are you keeping? Everyone keeps telling me the bump has dropped, and my braxton hicks are getting stronger and more regular. I've got the midwife this morning so we'll find out if everyone else is right, or just making conversation.

001001 Tue 12-Feb-13 04:04:52

Baby girl 001 was born at 12.40 this morning, healthy and beautiful. I can't thank you all enough for getting me here xx

Congrats grin hope I get to feel thay joy. Has anyone had loss of symptoms around 6 weeks and not m/c?

MrsReiver Tue 12-Feb-13 08:46:33

Congratulations 001, what lovely news to come on to xxx

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 12-Feb-13 11:23:47

Congratulations 001!! Wonderful news! grin

Welcome ninja, inuk, freya and eslabel.

Falcons, I didn't have any symptoms with DS until about 9wks...so fingers crossed for you.

I posted on this thread for awhile, but dropped off whilst waiting for my 12wk scan...will go back and read what I've missed, but scan went well (had it last week) & I'm getting larger & feeling movement so feeling positive.
14+3 with DC2.

sharni20 Tue 12-Feb-13 14:21:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Massive congratulations, 001, she almost made it to my birthday tomorrow! smile

Falcons with my first pregnancy, the only symptom I had was sore boobs and that stopped about 6 weeks. I have a very healthy, crazy 3.5 year old to show for it!

I've just started maternity leave. Fantastic feeling smile

Have filled in your survey, sharni, good luck with the dissertation smile

PseudoBadger Tue 12-Feb-13 16:00:39

Hi everyone! I just got a bfp after my miscarriage in December. I'm feeling rather nervous!

Welcome psudobadger thats super quick it was 2 years almost exactly since my m/c!

Thanks backwardpossum thats very reassuring I still feel sick just less so which is good as it was severe sad

I bet your glad you are now on maternity leave smile

I have my booking in and dating scan on the 26th march feels like an age away but I am sure it will fly in smile

Countmyblessings Tue 12-Feb-13 17:58:24

Welcome here Psudo- congrats to you on your BFP!
Holding hands and sharing our journeys is really what helped me get thus far!!!!
36 weeks and I'm ready for baby to come had dream that I had my baby while sleeping!!!! Was very strange, I had a flat belly and a naked sleeping baby under the covers!

Countmyblessings Tue 12-Feb-13 18:00:13

Congrats to 001 - welcome to your baby girl,whoop enjoy loads of baby cuddles!!!

nerual Tue 12-Feb-13 19:29:51

Congrats 001 and welcome to all the new BFPs! I think there must be a few due at similar times, late sept / early oct?

nerual Tue 12-Feb-13 19:33:00

Falcon I also have almost completely asymptomatic pregnancies, practically no nausea at all, and have a healthy 1.5 year old to show for it!

Mrsd77 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:11:34

1001 many many congratulations!!!!!

Freyaee Tue 12-Feb-13 20:32:39

Congrats 001!! Fantastic news. Thanks GaryBuseysTeeth for the welcome too smile
Falcons, just so you know you're not alone, I've also noticed a drop in symptoms (I'm 5 weeks 3 days). I've read around and it seems that lots of people experience that, or indeed don't even have any symptoms until much later on, so keep positive!
PseudoBadger congrats on your BFP! smile

elsabel Tue 12-Feb-13 22:01:39

Massive congratulations to you 001!! Thats amazing you must be so happy, well done.

falcons i remember my symptoms fading around 8weeks for a few days then coming back again (the body can adjust to the hormones i have heard which affects the way they make you feel) and im now 24weeks. Please try not to worry, i know its hard though.

Hi garys glad you had a good scan, you must be relieved.

Congrats to all on bfp!!

Anyone else at around 24weeks?? X

gemdrop84 Wed 13-Feb-13 08:21:57

Thought I would pop back on to be nosey and see how you all are and well, hasn't someone been busy?! grin big congratulations 001 best wishes to you and baby001 thanks enjoy your newborn snuggles!

PurplePoppySeed Wed 13-Feb-13 19:44:33

001 brilliant news, congratulations thanks

Welcome and congratulations to everyone who has joined

I had a small but important milestone today-for the first time ever I've had the word "viable" printed on a scan report grin. It's even caught up too, so now they have put me at 9 weeks (which I think works with my dates and the late positive test I got). It's only the size of a jelly baby (looks like one too) but I feel like I might actually get to 12 weeks now! (little half hearted wahoo!)

ninjasquirrel Wed 13-Feb-13 20:31:00

Congratulations 001001 and a little cheer for PurplePoppySeed!

In the last couple of days I've started to feel a bit bigger-chested (DH also noticed this...), before that I felt like I might be just imagining that I was pregnant (only 4 1/2 weeks in). DS is 3 1/2 and for various reasons we left it until last autumn to try for no. 2, then I had a miscarriage in December. I'm crossing fingers for better luck this time.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 14-Feb-13 08:22:23

Purple, that's lovely news..hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you & your 12wk scan is all good news.

ninja, my MC was Oct/Nov & I had such strong symptoms with that one (worst nausea I've had in any pg), this time around I only tested because I wanted to rule out pg (hadn't had AF between mc & pg, didn't have sex at the 'right' time that month etc) waiting for AF but bigger boobs seem to happen the second I got my BFP, so crossing fingers for you.

14wks+5

nerual Thu 14-Feb-13 08:49:58

Great news Purple! My bean also measured small at last scan, so gives me some hope smile

PurplePoppySeed Thu 14-Feb-13 21:30:51

Definitely, in early scans I think it's almost impossibly to get a true measure anyway, when are you going back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now