Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

Stay positive purplepoppyseed is baby in a good high position and beating away i would not worry US are not that accurate early they said the same about my DS at that point and he came on his due date 8lb 1 in weight smile

nerual Tue 05-Feb-13 16:25:32

Ah the scans, the scans, they never seem to quite give the confidence needed sad
I'm sure it will be fine poppy, I think the differences in these early weeks are matters of mm, and I'm pretty sure all the beans don't develop at exactly the same rate. And I sometimes wonder how accurate those machines are, the edges are really blurry and they can't always be sure to be taking completely 100% accurate measurements...

PurplePoppySeed Tue 05-Feb-13 18:58:15

Thanks guys, I'm sure you are both right. I'm shocked she could see it at all tbh as I've got a severely retroverted uterus and she insisted on doing it from the outside (possibly she thought it would make me feel more comfortable).

Every time I tried to look closely she lost it, so it was dh that was able to confirm to me he could see hb properly.

I've just looked at the pic she printed with measurements and it's barely more than a blur, so hopefully when it's a bit bigger it'll be easier to measure & perhaps by that point she'd already decided she was going to look again in two weeks time. ...just 1 more week to go.

I guess I secretly hoped it would stop me worrying, but I'm starting to realise I won't stop worrying all the way through blush

The good thing is I'm now at 8+5 and I only got to 7+5 before the spotting started last time and I certainly never saw a heart beat grin

Countmyblessings Tue 05-Feb-13 21:15:34

Scans - they are like a double edged sword really! You want one and you pray all will be well, but if you get any doubts placed in your head it gives you more reasons to be concerned and worry even more!!!!
I have had so many negative scans I really wish I could avoid them but until you feel baby moving its the only way to confirm all is goin well!!
I wouldn't worry about the size right now seeing a HB is def positive news!
Lets hold onto the positive and kick the negatives to the flippin kerb!!!!

PurplePoppySeed Wed 06-Feb-13 19:51:51

Thanks smile can't wait to get far enough to feel movement. To be honest I'm excited about starting to look pregnant too (sad I know!). At least then I'll be able to get a seat on the train in the mornings ;)

nerual Thu 07-Feb-13 09:02:28

ah I can't wait to be offered train seat either, hate standing in the mornings!!

Countmyblessings Thu 07-Feb-13 12:34:14

Purple/Nerual - funny you should say that I just couldn't wait to have a belly and not feel bloated all the time, my belly would expand and I just didn't notice until trying on clothes I wore the week before!
had to get some clothes that gave me some breathing space and actually went into mama&papas and was surprised at the fact that wasn't expensive and didn't look like maternity wear!
Also you guys should go on London transport website and they will send you 2 baby on board badges!!!! Not like you clearly couldn't see my huge bump by the time I ordered mine!!!! Feeling baby move is priceless and so reassuring.

PurplePoppySeed Thu 07-Feb-13 19:35:38

Funnily enough I got my badge from TFL in the post today grin I'm nervous of wearing it until after next weeks scan, stupid I know, but at the moment I've managed to find a train in the mornings with a bunch of Kids that jump off in the same place everyday - so far it's got me a seat every time!

Would you believe when I asked SWT about the badge they said they wouldn't give them out until you have the MATB1 form at 20 weeks because otherwise "anyone could wear one" - basically implying I was lying that I needed it, ridiculous!

nerual Thu 07-Feb-13 20:22:58

I was wondering if they asked for the matB form for that badge...I didn't get one for DS1 but I think I might do this time because I'm older and more knackered ;-)
BUT also don't want to get it too early, before the 12w scan. Too scared someone I know might see me....
Just another 5 weeks to go then! Blah.

Countmyblessings Thu 07-Feb-13 22:47:31

What foolishness is that they need your matB because you may be lying
Really!!!!!! That's the most utter bull I have heard in a while
I'm surprise they don't ask you for a urine sample So they can test it themselves!!!!!
Yeh I def understand you still being cautious about things!

001001 Fri 08-Feb-13 15:52:49

Not much point giving it out after you get your MATB1 form, many people are showing by 22 weeks anyway, it was designed for when people could not be sure you were pregnant! It is great to start looking pregnant, on the whole people are really nice to you. Seems like a long wait until scans, even when it is only one week away, but hang in there.

I am 39+2 now, got terrible backache today but think that is because I have done too much. Despite being told by doctor I probably won't go over dates I am resigned to being pregnant forever!

Countmyblessings Fri 08-Feb-13 17:07:51

001- for me and my last 3 DC backache was the start of my body going into labour I went into bath and it didn't get better but worse my dc3 was a week early but with backache then a show I knew it was time!
Fingers crossed its not long now!!!!

Ooh exciting 001. Fingers crossed baby doesn't keep you waiting long x

PurplePoppySeed Fri 08-Feb-13 19:19:08

Very exciting smile 001

I'm in the same boat re. the badge, it's sitting on the counter at home until I'm "official" wink. I figured I might as well get it in advance anyway. I emailed babyonboard@tfl.gov.uk on Monday and had it by weds night smile

ninjasquirrel Sat 09-Feb-13 14:02:52

Hello, can I join? Just got a BFP yesterday after a 12 week miscarriage before Christmas and feeling excited/nervous.

Inukshuk Sat 09-Feb-13 14:23:20

Hello - Just joining. Have just had BFP after 8 mths TTC post miscarriage at 8wks. Has not quite sunk in yet - have done 5 tests in the last couple of days, and keep going back to look at them. Will run out shortly so will stop then...

ninjasquirrel Sat 09-Feb-13 14:50:04

Hello Inukshuk, congratulations! Is it your first?

All the best ninja and inuk, congratulations and fingers crossed for an smooth pregnancy for you both smile

a hmm

Inukshuk Sat 09-Feb-13 17:28:00

Hi Ninja - Thanks, congrats to you too! Yes it's my first @ 33 yrs old, how about you?

Thanks Backward!

PurplePoppySeed Sat 09-Feb-13 18:06:03

hi both, congratulations & good luck to you both

Freyaee Sat 09-Feb-13 18:21:21

Hi everyone! Really good to find such a supportive thread smile Congratulations to you all!
I tested yesterday and confirmed that I am 5 weeks pregnant. I had a miscarriage after an unplanned pregnancy 2 years ago at 9 weeks. That was my first pregnancy and I was 24, the whole experience was a huge shock. Since then my partner and I have waited a while, got married last year and I came off the pill in January, so it's happened very quickly! I'm trying to remain hopeful that this time it will be a healthy pregnancy, but we're not telling anyone at all (except all of you lovely people) until we're passed the 12 weeks mark.
I'm going to get to grips with these forums as I don't have any friends with children, and I don't know anyone where I'm currently living (it's a bit of a stop-gap) so will look forward to the friendship and support.

001001 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:58:40

Congratulations ninja inuk and Freya on your BFPs. Brand new pregnancies, how exciting! This is the scariest part but it seems this thread will just keep going and going as there are always more people to join so there is loads of support. Hope things progress smoothly for you all. We have had loads of graduates, even in the short time since I joined (did not dare get my hopes up til past 24 weeks!) and I am now 39+4 so hopefully next!

One of the hardest things about mc is that often, people don't even know so you can feel like you are dealing with things alone. Then when you next get pregnant, people who are not aware of the trouble you have had in the past do not understand your anxieties so I have found this thread brilliant for practical support and advice.

Good luck!

elsabel Sun 10-Feb-13 16:12:37

Hi everyone im a newbie to this thread, ok if i join? Im 24 weeks pg but had a mmc last year and been looking for a nice friendly thread ever since i fell pg again this time round! Am very excited but still anxious at times!

Hope everyones having happy pregnancies xx

Countmyblessings Sun 10-Feb-13 20:17:08

Welcome newbies - ninja, inuk,Freya & elsa - hope you find this thread a good place to let of some steam, share and get support!!!
I'm on DC4 and 35 weeks- I'm at the nesting stage right now just a few bits to get including car seat! BH are getting stronger to the point I'm frozen! I'm ready and if I'm going to have sleepless night I may as well have baby here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now