Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

gemdrop84 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:38:02

Thanks state, lily is gorgeous! Im so happy right now, on cloud 9! Take it easy 001 it will be your time before you know it. Hope everyone else is ok. Dp has been absolutely amazing and is pretty much running the house on his own so I can rest and hopefully I'll be back on my feet very soon. Already feeling little better, blood pressure is down and hoping iron rich diet that Dp has me on is rebuilding my iron stores. Will check in again soon ladies til then take care.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 02-Feb-13 20:22:39

Hi ladies and congrats to all the new mums! I'm afraid I've only read the first couple and last couple if pages but can I join please?! Mc at beginning of month and didn't wait to try and have just got s bfp! Eek I'm so worried that it might be too soon after mc but we're so happy so hope all goes well!

Welcome to the thread, Blackholes, and good luck! Feel free to rant and cry and share joy, we're all here for you smile

state fantastic pics! Lovely wee girl! grin

You sounds like you're doing great, Gem, hope Seth is letting you get some sleep! x

I've got a very active little monkey. Wriggling away constantly. 35+1 today, it's passing so quickly! Finish work next Tuesday. Seeing consultant this Tuesday and will have a date for my section. Exciting stuff!

Hi blackholes im newly pregnant too and trying my hardest not to worry welcome!

I am unsure whether of not to have an early scan what do you ladies think are they useful or not??

I had one at 9 weeks, Falcons, and it was great to see a wee heartbeat flickering away... but it was just a snapshot in time. I still worried at 10 weeks, 11 weeks, 12 weeks until I got my dating scan. So yes, it was lovely, but at the same time, it wont stop you worrying! x

I know, but i dont at the same time i think i may just go for it if its bad new it was going to be bad either way if its good i will feel so much better about it xx

Mrsd77 Sun 03-Feb-13 08:15:33

Hi. Congratulations to those with lovely new little ones and welcome to the new folk. The wise old women on here have made me feel so much better in the last few weeks.

I had a scan at six weeks with this pg as I had had some bleeding. You could have knocked me down with a feather when there was a heartbeat. I felt great for a couple of days, then back to worrying. backward is right about it being a snapshot for some people. Depends how much you worry I think. Fx for you.

Afm, I'm 14 weeks now and got a NT measurement on Friday of 1.5. I believe that's ok. Youngun looks right size and was wriggling away again. Why can't I relax?!?! My DH is over the moon and happily telling family and friends. I want to be like him and get excited and can for a little while, then these waves of dread wash over me and I start googling for potential bad news. I had some counselling after the molar and she said that I catastrophise (great word!) so I'm trying to be logical about my behaviour but I just feel like this can't turn out well.

I'm doing my own head in!

Sorry to be self absorbed! X

nerual Sun 03-Feb-13 08:34:51

mrsd, what kind of bleeding did you have at 6 weeks? last thurs I had sudden gush of red blood then nothing since, although now also have very mild lower abdo/ back cramps which feel like mild period pains. have a scan on Friday but very worried...not sure how I'm going to make it till then without going insane with worry...basically preparing myself for the worst.. sad

Mrsd77 Sun 03-Feb-13 09:42:40

neural I had pink spotting which gradually increased to something similar to first day of af. The scan said I had an area of bleeding near to the implantation site. I continued to billed lightly til 8 weeks ish. My twelve week scan showed the area to still be there.

I know of one lady on here that has had similar to you and hers was cause by an area of bleeding inside if I remember correctly. It's quite common.

Glad you're getting checked out. Can you rest up til Friday?

nerual Sun 03-Feb-13 10:07:23

Mrsd, I basically haven't left the house since Thursday, but I think I will have to go to work on Monday. I have a desk job, so the only bad thing is the commute (london trains, eugh). I know bleeding is pretty common in first trimester, but what is worrying me is the cramps. Although very very mild (and haven't increased since Friday), I don't think they are a good sign and certainly don't remember having any cramps like this in my first pg. Also I guess I am extra paranoid because I haven't actually experienced a mc (as I had a mmc with erpc, with practically no pain/bleeding after erpc), so I'm unsure what the start of it would be like for me...I will just have to wait until Friday to find out.

Countmyblessings Sun 03-Feb-13 16:16:44

Nerual- I'm so sorry for what your going through and the fact that you have to wait till Friday is just crazy have you not got a walk in EPU near you?
I in total have never experienced a mc either but I have had 2 ectopics and I MMC at 13 weeks!!! Those was bad enough I'm now 34 weeks and still have flashbacks and concerns that until I hold this baby alive and well I will not relax!!!!! The problem is we can't afford to be ignorant as we have experienced losses and so our rosé tinted glasses that all is right has been shattered and each day we stay pregnant is a blessing!
We are all here to hold hands and offer comfort but to stay everything is going to be ok is not something we can say but hope and pray for!!
I do hope and pray the bleeding and the pains are nothing and all will be well x

nerual Sun 03-Feb-13 19:26:05

Thanks CountMyBlessings, congrats on getting to 34 weeks, sounds like you've had a long and heartbreaking journey getting here. My EPU didn't seem to want to see me, they just told me to go to A&E if the bleeding got bad, and said that they will see me on Friday as scheduled for scan. I guess from their perspective, there is nothing that can really be done if a miscarriage starts, so other than confirm to me that it's happening (which should become evident anyway within a few days), it's kind of a waste of their time to scan me earlier than scheduled.
No further bleeding yet... just general achy feeling in pelvic region. Maybe everything fine, maybe not, we will just have to wait and see I guess...

Mrsd77 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:06:13

Nural I have to admit I walked straight into a&e. My surgery was proving unhelpful and the epu only see you on referral. I saw a consultant within an hour and had a scan the next morning. The older I get the less messing about I'll take. I'm always incredibly polite, but if something needs checking I'll try my hardest to make it happen.

If you think you can wait until Friday, then great. But if you really want to be checked sooner, I'd go to a&e. I hate the thought of looking neurotic, but pregnancy brings that out in women!

Countmyblessings Mon 04-Feb-13 07:58:03

Nural- I would do what "mrs" said if your worried as that long wait may do more harm then good really!
Yes I understand your " whatever will be, and no one can't stop it" attitude but the longer it drags on as far as I'm concerned the more your anxious and concerns will be!
Hope the cramps and bleeding does stop and that everything will work out!
Mrs - good advice - why shouldn't you be looked at as soon as possible for peace of mind!!!!

nerual Mon 04-Feb-13 11:04:02

Hey MrsD & Count...thanks for your words of encouragment for taking on the NHS to demand a scan!! I honestly don't think I can face a&e unless I really have to though, and since I haven't bled now for 3 days, and only have really mild cramps, I think I might just try and go the private scan route, if I can get an appt. The problem with a&e for me is firstly, it is a bit of a drive from my house to get there, and also, would have to go alone because dh would have to stay at home with ds (not taking him to hospital unnecessarily, could pick up something nasty on top of the zillions of toddler bugs he already has had so far this winter!). But, have discovered a private scan place near my work so I might try and get in there...have actually ventured into work today and generally feel fine. Keep running to the loo though to check my knickers... :P

nerual Mon 04-Feb-13 15:17:15

So, went for a scan, have fetus with heartbeat (measuring 6+2, as expected). So that looks ok. There is also an 'area of bleeding' which might be absorbed, or might get worse, not really possible for them to say. So in a way reassuring, but also worrying! Sigh.

Countmyblessings Mon 04-Feb-13 16:13:38

Well done on getting the scan yeh for a baby and heartbeat!!!!!
Yes the bleeding is a concern but many have this with no harm done to the baby! I will still keep the Friday app as they may be able to explain the area of bleeding!!!!
( and breath) was praying for good news yeh!!!!
No need for the "Thanks" we are all here to support as and when we can!!!
I have had 3 losses 1-pain, with 1 discovered at routine scan the last total shock as was not in any pain, bleeding or cramps but had ectopic and right tube removed!!!!!!
Keep updating please!

nerual Mon 04-Feb-13 16:25:59

Thanks Count! Yes, will still go on Friday. My first pg was so textbook, I wasn't worried at all during the whole thing. I can't believe the constant feeling of dread that I have now...does it ever go away?? Mbe after 12 week scan??

Hi nerual congrats!! i have been a bit unsure whether to go for an early scan had no blood or that just worried sick! You must be so pleased we are about the same i am 5+3 or 5+4 today i think i just worry about every symptom coming and going but i am get proper bouts of nausea. Do you think you will be able to relax till your 12 week scan now do you recommend getting an early scan?

nerual Mon 04-Feb-13 19:30:54

Hi falcon...I don't know when I'll be able to relax, mbe 12 weeks, who knows. Would be nicer if I didn't have area of bleeding, but as I haven't actually bled for quite a few days now, I am hoping the danger is mostly over.
We really struggled to see anything much on my scan...could see heartbeat and tiiiiiiny smudge which is a fetus. I think the earliest you can get heartbeat is about 6 weeks, I definitely wouldn't go before then unless you are feeling really desperate to know what is going on... I would recommend it if you are really stressed or have bleeding, I has put my mind at rest a bit. I have another NHS one on Friday, hoping to stick to those in the future as the private scans could become an expensive habit!!

Mrsd77 Mon 04-Feb-13 19:50:17

Nerual so pleased for you!!!! Keep us posted x

001001 Tue 05-Feb-13 10:39:13

Finally doing this on the computer so I can catch up with everything that's been going on!

Welcome Falcon Blackholes and Neural great to hear of more BFPs and neural, your scan sounds positive! You will find great advice and support on this thread, some very knowledgable posters. That first bit to 12 weeks s a nightmare, as is the wait then til the 20 week scan, it is not until you actually feel regular movements you start to relax and even then it is only a snapshot. Hopefully soon we will have babies in our arms to cuddle and see for ourselves that they are ok grin

Mrsd I have still not told some people, can't quite get my head round the idea that everything might be ok and I am 39 weeks tomorrow! Don't think the dread will ever fully go away but lovely that your DH is so excited.

State Lily is gorgeous and Gem so is Seth, must be lovely to be at home with your new (and not so new!) bundles. Time flies when it is for other people!

I had a routine mw appt yesterday and baby's hb was a bit fast so she sent me for a trace, was there for hours and hb regularly reached 200 but apparently just an active baby, highly strung? They also did a scan to check presentation and the mean doctor said, 'Well, I know what you're having' and then when I asked wouldn't tell! He said if I had not wanted to know at 20 weeks there was no point finding out now when it is on it's way! Really really wanted to know but glad now he didn't tell me, I'm all over the place but can't wait to find out. Baby has dropped and dr said he doesn't expect me to go over which means that by this time next week I should have a new baby, eeeeeeek!

Saw my consultant this morning and he's booked me in for an elcs 3 weeks tomorrow! Eeeeeeeeek!

001001 Tue 05-Feb-13 12:02:53

Possum so nice to have a date to work towards! So close now :-)

PurplePoppySeed Tue 05-Feb-13 13:49:40

Hello everyone, I haven't been on for a while, but please to see that there is still lots of positive news.

Nerual - so sorry you have been going through the ringer so much, great to hear its still going well though.

I had my 8 week scan last week but it didn't quite give me the confidence I was expecting. There was a hb which is good news and did make me cry, but she thinks it's very small - possibly only 6 weeks. The trouble is, I've definately been having symptoms since the end of December, so it's got me worried that it's not growing fast enough. On the bright side I'm back again next Wednesday to check again and I'm still feeling sick, so I'm just trying to rest up and not worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now