Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester and even graduates cuddling there babies!!, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(638 Posts)

New thread before the other fills and locks!

welliesandpyjamas Mon 24-Dec-12 10:07:55

Hi, just popping in to wish everyone a peaceful Christmas smile

State are you home for Christmas? X

BottleRed76 Mon 24-Dec-12 11:36:15

Hi all,
Just popped in quickly to wish everyone a very very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and LUCKY New Year

Been keeping my head down and my mentalness all to myself.
Just been for last of three HCG bloods this morning. So far we've had 198 on Thurs and 515 on Saturday. Was told the other day that a count of 1500 would be high enough to see a heartbeat on a scan but today told must be at least 6 weeks. So fingers crossed I can have that done next week.
Would be nice to just relax and start getting excited.

McBobby Sorry to hear what you've been through. Hope you find some comfort here. xxx

MrsReiver Mon 24-Dec-12 14:47:07

State has started an awesome campaign against Bounty and said on that thread she was home.

Can't reply to all the posts as am on the app and typing is awful. I just want to wish everyone a peaceful and stress free Christmas xxxxx

HJBeans Mon 24-Dec-12 22:29:11

Just a quick Merry Christmas, all. Hope you have a lovely day with friends and family. Xx

001001 Mon 24-Dec-12 22:45:25

Merry Christmas all and healthy babies in the new year!

gemdrop84 Mon 24-Dec-12 23:05:13

merry christmas everyone smile have a lovely day xx

Merry christmas everyone!

The thread dropped off tio so I lost it briefly.

We went home friday afternoon, lily is an absolute dream and I just can't get enough of her. She's feeding really well and slept 4hrs straight last night. I still can't believe she's here and mine, and a week old tomorrow!

HJBeans Wed 26-Dec-12 00:24:29

What a fantastic holiday message, state! I'm so glad to know you're enjoying your wee girl. Xx

WLmum Thu 27-Dec-12 19:30:28

I lost the thread too and have only just found a minute to search for it.

So glad it's all going well state, I also can't believe Tabitha is over a week already! Big girls are loving her which is great, we're having to work quite hard at the feeding, so I'm now considerinf myself as graduated from this thread, and am hanging out on bfing support instead!

Just wanted to say thanks so much for all the support this thread and it's lovely ladies have given me, it would have been so much harder without you all. state you're a total star!

All the very best to those of you still cooking, I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out for you all - I will pop back now and then for a sneaky check!

Merry Christmas all, hope 2013 is the best yet. Xxxx

MrsReiver Thu 27-Dec-12 20:03:40

I am officially panicking! All year I've been saying "we'll get organised after Christmas" and now it's after Christmas and it feels like we have so much to do - EEEK!!!

WL and State - huge congratulations on your gorgeous girls, and on "graduating" from the thread. I can't wait to bump into you on BFing support among other boards in a few weeks grin

Mrs it will all come together, honestly! I wasn't ready until the night before, literally last minute dash. How much longer is it now?

A lovely post WL I feel the same, there's a december post natal thread aswell, come say hi when you have time, I avoided the ante natal ones mostly but now its nice to speak to others at the same stage!

I honestly don't know what I'd have done without every member of this thread this year, my highs, lows and irrational fears have all been calmed by posting here, I'll still pop back from time to time but obviously can't be as active poster as before as the bump has gone (I miss the bump soooooo much) I really hope all of the pregnant ladies here continue this thread on and it sees many more healthy pregnancys and babies. Best of luck and lots of love to all of you! <Hormonal soppy sod>

As for me, Lilys still fantastic, feeding well, sleeping well --if she can be on me 24/7 she's the perfect baby wink-- slowly settling in with the older two, the chaos of christmas and school holidays has made things a bit um rockier than I'd hoped but we will get there.

001001 Fri 28-Dec-12 09:28:51

MrsReiver I feel the same! Have a chest of drawers being delivered today and have been given loads of baby clothes by friends (karma, I gave all my stuff away after ds as had nowhere to store it) and think will feel more ready when I have stuff washed and in drawers. I have bought newborn nappies, a friend is giving me her Moses basket and I already have a pram and a carseat so baby will have somewhere to sleep, a way to travel and clothes and nappies to wear, that's all I need. Now to get it all sorted in the right place!

DSs cotbed will go back into a cot for baby so also have a proper bed arriving for him today, how grown up he will seem next to baby!

Once the new year comes will only have 6 weeksleft to go, want time to fly now, especially as I am getting practical things ready and feel a bit like I am tempting fate... Can't wait til baby is here!

Hi all, I lost you there, hope you had a lovely Christmas! I'm 30 weeks today and now into single week figures! 9 weeks to go...! It's all getting a bit real.

001 and backward it only seems like yesterday I was at the same stage and I felt like it was lasting forever, now Lily is 9 days old!!

MrsReiver Fri 28-Dec-12 17:28:23

Shh state, 8 weeks is aaaaaaaaaaages. Really. Honest. It's forever.

I think we're actually much more organised that it feels like, brothers are bringing up a moses basket next week, I've ordered a large stash of nappies, I've got a whole pile of newborn clothes from a lovely friend who was clearing out her attic and lots of hand knits from when DS was tiny.

We just need to get a chest of drawers (PIL are sorting that), some sposie nappies for first couple of weeks and order the car seat and pram we've chosen. Oh and a mattress for the moses basket.

And I need to wash my slings, and the nappies when they arrive. And go into The Cupboard Under The Stairs to retrieve the baby blankets etc.

It'll be fine. DS is back to school on the 7th so I'll get cracking then. Loads of time. Ages. Yonks. It'll be fine.

You will be fine!

I've still not dug out the sheets/blankets etc for Lily, she was given a couple of blankets as a gift and I had to buy new sheets for the pram as its a different size to the last one I had, ill get round to it eventually... I got the carseat and base when I was about 34wks, adapters for the pram days before she arrived, it will come together!

I dug my sling out on christmas day, she loved it and slept for ages! Still after a close caboo one though.

001001 Fri 28-Dec-12 21:19:12

<covets close caboo that arrived today>

envy

MrsReiver Fri 28-Dec-12 22:43:26

What sling do you have State? Does it have to be a close. caboo? there are usually plenty of Mobys on ebay.

I have a Moby and a R&R. Can't wait to use them! grin

I've got a freedom ring sling, mei tei and dp has a bushbaby structured one for when they're bigger.

What are mobys like? I hear a lot about them but never come across one

CatchingMockingbirds Fri 28-Dec-12 23:23:12

When does the worrying end? I'm 18+3 and getting my gender scan tomorrow, I have a bump and have been feeling the little one wriggling around and kicking for a couple of weeks now but am still terrified of seeing the look on the sonographer's face telling me it's bad news.

MrsReiver Sat 29-Dec-12 09:10:33

Very similar fabric to Close Caboo except you tie it on rather than tighten it with the rings on the caboo. The enormous length of fabric can be off putting, but once you get the hang of it it's really easy, and because it's stretchy it's "poppable" so you can pre tie it and pop the baby in.

R&Rs are absolutely gorgeous, what fabric is yours Possum?

MockingBirds, sadly (in my experience) it doesn't. I get stressed out before every scan, or if I don't feel the baby move for an hour or so. You get better at coping with it though. Good luck for today!

It's the one on the right in this picture, MrsR - very cute!

MockingBirds for me it was after the 20 week scan - but I'm lucky in that I've never experienced a late loss, so it's different for everyone I suppose.

CatchingMockingbirds Sat 29-Dec-12 17:10:26

Everything went well today, and I'm having a girl smile, now I just need to get the 20 week detailed scan out of the way and I'll hopefully relax!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now