Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cloth Nappies, how many in each size?

(31 Posts)
TisTheSeasonToBeJolly Sat 08-Dec-12 20:46:19

Has anybody any experiences of cloth nappies? I would like to know realistically how many cloth nappies in each size I would need? Im thinking about 50 in each but I honestly havnt got a clue! Please help!

PunkyPod Thu 13-Dec-12 18:40:11

Oh zul you have cheered me up! grin Haha, I didn't used to mind nappy changes but this food poo is insane!! I live in hope for rolly poos.

As nanny has shown its whatever works for you really. But I am SO happy we went with cloth smile

Come to think of it maybe my DD just does really offensive poos!! wink

jinglebellyalltheway Thu 13-Dec-12 18:42:18

don't buy the next size in one brand in advance, just like with disposables different brands suit different babies at different ages, and what works now might not work in 4 months time, so just get what you need for now

generally you can wash every 2 days, some newborns poo at every feed so that's every 3 hours

mummysmellsofsick Thu 13-Dec-12 18:52:19

We have 20 bum genius and 5 bamboozle stretchies. We never run out, we wash every 2 days. In the early days I think we washed daily sometimes. 50 will be too many!

mummysmellsofsick Thu 13-Dec-12 18:56:47

Oh and we love our cheeky wipes (bamboo washable wipes) I'm convinced disposable wipes cause nappy rash. DS has never had it yet at 12 mo. We don't use their whole cheeky wipe system though we dry ours and then wet them again for use. They got a bit mouldy when we did as they suggest on their site.

lucindar Thu 13-Dec-12 19:10:55

Great advice ladies, thanks a lot. Not completely sure how it will work but enough research time till end of March.

Indith Thu 13-Dec-12 19:21:17

We just use baby flannals from poundland for wipes, they are perfect and waaaay cheaper than cheeky wipes etc!

mummysmells I wouldn't get too smug about nappy rash, all babies are different and what works for some may not for others but it is not caused by baby wipes. I've known babies who get horrible rash in cloth but are fine in paper nappies and vice versa. My ds1 never got any rash yet dd flared up to a horrible, bleeding, infected mess at the drop of a hat.

I've used cloth from birth too, it is fine.

For titchy newborns muslins folded like terries are great and of course cheap smile

I do love terry squares though, you will never have any size issues or nappy not suiting your baby's shape issues with a good old square smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now