Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is there a "around due date and completely fed up waiting for signs of labour" thread?

(32 Posts)
ItsMyLastOne Sun 02-Dec-12 14:57:30

I'm due tomorrow with DD2. I was utterly convinced I would either have had the baby or be in labour by now, but nothing so far. With DD1 I lost my mucus plug and started contractions at 39+4 and she arrived on her due date.

There's no chance this baby will be here tomorrow is there?

God I'm fed up with being pregnant!

Anyone else?

ItsMyLastOne Fri 07-Dec-12 09:11:42

40+4 now... I went to the mw yesterday. She offered a sweep so gave it a go, but couldn't reach. I'm only 1cm dilated and my cervix is too long. The baby's head also isn't engaged at all yet. She said she expected that I would be at my post dates appointment on Wednesday (I'll be 41+2). <sigh> sad

ItsMyLastOne Fri 07-Dec-12 09:11:59

How's everyone else getting on?

Clarella Fri 07-Dec-12 10:16:28

Itsmy tried to post on other thread but messed it up!
I think thats normal for second timers isn't it? Head can engage just before labour plus the cervix can change more quickly as it's done it before?

TwistTee Fri 07-Dec-12 10:17:57

Movergirl I'm tempted, just have to convince DH. My mum says it worked for her and there is science behind it.
Something to do with the hormone Prostagladins which are needed for contractions. Semen is rich in the stuff.

ItsMyLastOne Fri 07-Dec-12 10:29:40

Clarella Yes I think it is more common second time round. Although last time was so slow I would hope it happened a bit quicker this time. I've also been informed I need to wait till Monday at least now as my mum's on holiday till tomorrow and my sister in law is busy all weekend. I'm not sure if they realise how this whole labour thing works, and that it will mainly be me doing it, not them! wink

Twist DP and I were having regular sex, just in case it helped, until a couple of weeks ago. But now I keep having these mild contractions at night which are a bit off-putting! And DD woke up at 4.30 this morning and ended up in our bed after three hours of us trying to convince her go back to sleep, so no morning fun either!

timeforachangebaby Fri 07-Dec-12 11:40:49

I'm nearly 38 weeks and I'm exhausted - just making a cup of tea is an effort.

I was convinced I wouldnhave had it by now as dc2 was a week early and 3 10 days

I'm trying EVERYTHING but nothing except pains that stop and start all the tine

ItsMyLastOne Tue 11-Dec-12 21:11:45

Well nothing has worked yet and I'm now 41+1.

Anyone else faired better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now