Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

If you got pregnant quickly with DC1 - did you get pregnant quickly the second time round?

(45 Posts)
Myneaux Tue 27-Nov-12 10:17:13

thats it really smile....currently on first month of TTC number 2.

Last time round I was pregnant within the first 2 months but we had a lot more sex then. Feeling a bit anxious that it might take longer this time round and having taken 4 years to decide that I would like another I now want to get on with it !

Dynababy Thu 29-Nov-12 07:35:17

1st month with DS and now 10 weeks preg with DC2 and conception was an oops! Only did it once and now preg. So can happen very quickly but completely different for others I know. Fingers crossed for you!

inadreamworld Wed 28-Nov-12 23:02:13

Got pg in 1st month with DD. Took about 6 months with 2nd baby but DH was only home at weekends for a lot of this time, also DD was only a baby herself so my periods were all over the place until she was a year old (which is when I conceived again). Actually glad I didn't get pg earlier the 2nd time or the age gap would have been ridiculously small!!!

6 months with dc1. Currently 36 weeks with dc2, who took 2 months. Dc1 I think took so long as I had the pill in my system, and I'd been taking it for 10 years.

ScrambledSmegs Wed 28-Nov-12 15:59:14

Err... no.

<breaks thread>

bigkidsdidit Wed 28-Nov-12 15:46:51

Yes first month both times

Good luck smile

Dd1 the second month after coming off the pill and (badly) using condoms!
Dd2 (currently 38 wks) month after removal of coil.
Two different partners butwas in early 20s.

DM took 2.5 years with of her children roughly. I think it can vary though. I know people who have had their first within a month of trying and over ayear with their 2nd.
Good luck! And happy trying smile

TerracottaPie Wed 28-Nov-12 12:05:52

Pregnant on first try for all DCs (pregnant with DC4 right now).

I was fully expecting to have life revolve around ttc and the 2ww and the disappointments that can come with the whole process. Particularly when trying for DC3 and 4 as I'm a bit older than I was with the first two. I think I also thought that there was no way I'd be as lucky as I had been for DC1 and 2.

Anaisa Wed 28-Nov-12 11:36:21

Two months with DS1 and just over two years with DS2. Gave up after two years of trying and decided to concentrate on my career. Changed jobs and bingo, was pregnant the day after I handed in my notice. grin

I got pregnant 2nd month after stopping using contraception all 3 times. 2nd time resulted in miscarriage but have 2 boys now.

dreamingofsun Wed 28-Nov-12 10:54:08

pregnant immediately with all 3.

ToManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 28-Nov-12 10:50:46

I got pregnant first month with both, it's my due date today.

1978andallthat Tue 27-Nov-12 23:26:40

I was other way. Two and a half years for
Number 1. Periods came back when she was 15 months and pg after one period with number 2.

DS1 - got pregnant within a month, DS2 a couple of years later was a complete accident (were using condoms, but obviously not very well blush) Next time we actively tried, it took 6 months to conceive the pregnancy I then m/c, but I got pregnant with DD 3 months after that. Getting pg with DD seemed to take forever from when we first decided to go for it, but 9 months or so isn't really that long I guess.

ItsMyLastOne Tue 27-Nov-12 23:15:24

With DC1 I we conceived 6 weeks after being told I was infertile, so we weren't trying, just not using protection.

With DC2 it took 18 months.

nannyl Tue 27-Nov-12 19:06:35

Yes!!!!

far too fast

Jojoba1986 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:09:39

Took us about 10 minutes with both! blush

CountryKitty Tue 27-Nov-12 17:59:17

Currently 32 wks pg with DD3 but this is actually our 5th pregnancy (3rd this year). Fell pg 1st month with all 5, but unfortunately didn't always mean a successful pg. DD1 was a surprise 2 weeks after coming off the pill. DD2 & DD3 both planned.

Goodluck!!!

TinkyPeet Tue 27-Nov-12 17:49:39

With ds I was on the pill, with dd we were using condoms, this one is the only planned bubba and I fell on in cycle 2 but think we started too late cycle 1 as af arrived a week after deciding to try lol. Good luck xx

BionicEmu Tue 27-Nov-12 17:24:41

From a different situation - took us nearly 2.5 years to conceive DC1, then we got the shock of our lives when I fell pregnant with DC2 after the first month of trying! It really can be totally different for everybody.

Good luck!

HistoryKitty Tue 27-Nov-12 17:11:09

4 months with DD, then a year with DC2, currently 12 weeks but my DH had a new job where he was doing night shifts so I blame that.

As someone said upthread, book a holiday, we were supposed to be going to Cyprus in June, now the date we were going is less then a week after my due date! Looks like we'll need to review that one.

AmIGoingMad Tue 27-Nov-12 15:46:54

Face not first! Right - back to the sick bed and no typing til I'm able to do so without these errors! blush

AmIGoingMad Tue 27-Nov-12 15:45:47

Don't know what I did there sorry! 5 months DS and 8 months this pregnancy- got positive both times we managed to get jiggy on days around my smiley first with cb ov prediction kit smile

AmIGoingMad Tue 27-Nov-12 15:43:19

'Morning' sickness vs bug!!!

babybythesea Tue 27-Nov-12 14:27:36

DD - first time of trying.

DC2 (now 19 weeks pregnant) - almost two years - had begun to think it might not happen and had just booked a long haul flight to see DH's family in New Zealand on the basis that we had been waiting to be able to take a new baby to see it's grandparents, but as there was no new baby and we haven't seen them in ages we ought to just go...(I will be 7 months by the time we come home). So if it doesn't work, try booking an expensive long haul trip....

newby2 Tue 27-Nov-12 14:08:57

At 34 years old fell by accident, the chances were like hen's teeth and 2nd time aged 37 (currently awaiting arrival) 2nd month of trying. The only advice is make sure sex is good for you. Apparently chances are increased a lot if you have a really good time (if you see what I mean) and each time we conceived we had had really good sex, especially for me.

Have fun trying.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now