Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Hellish Heartburn / Agonising Acid feeling - any advice?!

(26 Posts)
iamwhaticallpregnant Sat 24-Nov-12 19:37:44

Hi ladies - I am 29 weeks and for the last week have experienced the worst heartburn / acid in my throat in the world. It is so bad in the evening that it makes me physically sick. It starts at about lunchtime every day and is agonising.
My midwife told me to eat bland foods - so i ate toast and butter.. ..and still got it!
I have tried Gaviscon and Rennies but no luck.
I also try milk at night which helps a tiny bit.
Does anyone have any good products they can recommend or any advice food wise?
I'm desperate.

iamwhaticallpregnant Sun 25-Nov-12 10:06:40

Thanks everyone - I will try lots of your suggestions. Esp the peppermint tea, rice pudding and yogurt as they sound lovely. Now have a major craving for rice pudding! Wonder if custard works too - mmm....
On a lighter note - I didn't have it all day yesterday for the first time in a week and I am trying to figure out why! As I basically ate anything I wanted as I was so fed up f#cked off with it. Really odd. Maybe my heartburn read this thread and decided to give me a day off.
Thanks for all your advice - I am very very grateful. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now