Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Oh no, this is a disaster ... (light hearted, honest)

(85 Posts)
FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Tue 16-Oct-12 09:36:55

I've gone off chocolate. CHOCOLATE! shock Just looking at repulses me.

<faints>

mummyNOsinging Thu 18-Oct-12 19:54:03

dry cornflakes. Straight out of the box, and by the handful.

LimburgseVlaai Thu 18-Oct-12 18:02:22

I got terrible acid reflux so I used to guzzle Gaviscon straight from the bottle.

rosieelizabeth Thu 18-Oct-12 13:58:14

last week every time I went to the supermarket I bought fennel, I ended up with 8 bulbs of fennel and cooked it all in a variety of ways which we did didn't eat as we both have always hated fennel, weird.

I went off sausages for the first half of my pregnancy- I was absolutely gutted sad But thankfully I can eat them again grin

Cue all the "It's a bit late for that now" jokes!!

Msbluesky32 Thu 18-Oct-12 12:04:18

I can't stand the smell of the fridge, lol. Probably too many smells together?
I've gone crazy for salt and vinegar flavoured foods...salt and vinegar crisps, tartar sauce and anything crunchy.. Carrots, toast. Can't stand fruit juice (tastes too syrupy) or anything spicy.

ThatBintAgain Thu 18-Oct-12 10:05:00

The smell of coffee and red wine made me totally nauseous. I was mad about marmite, tomato and salted crisp sandwiches. grin

I can't stand the sight or thought of chocolate either. Used to eat loads of it and now anything sweet makes me feel incredibly ill. Ate it like it was going out of style with DSs 1&2!

Also am now an ex-vegetarian as off 3 weeks ago. This baby is seriously wanting me to eat meat, and lots of it! Oh, and tomatoes. Tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomatoes in salads, so, so, so many tomatoes.

MrsWajs Thu 18-Oct-12 02:31:05

I went off sweet stuff and tea with DD in the first trimester. Could only eat toast, salt & vinegar discos and pasta or super noodles for a good while until morning sickness passed. By the end my sweet tooth returned and I was addicted to yum yums and crunchies! How I only put on 1.5 stone will forever remain a mystery!

Melons and vinegar actually sounds quite good though and I am not pg!

As for a glasses of wine - I had 2 (bad mummy) as I was on my friends hen do, obv didn't realise I was in labour at the time!

CheerfulYank Thu 18-Oct-12 02:09:41

The teenage boy at work (I manage a cinema) drove to the grocery store just now and brought me back a jar of pickles as I was convinced I'd die without them, bless him! smile

NapOfTheDamned Thu 18-Oct-12 01:52:15

First trimester, meat, meat, meat, especially beef, with lashings of horseradish sauce. Then when had MS it was beige food. Toast mostly. Couldn't bear eggs or broccoli or coffee but did like apple cider vinegar on everything.

Second trimester felt fine ate normally and then third trimester I had to have carrot cake every day. Sometimes twice.

DS is 21 months now and his first sentence was 'eat meat'.

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Wed 17-Oct-12 23:18:56

I've been having weetabix too. Yikes, does that mean it's twins grin

Taffeta Wed 17-Oct-12 21:57:58

Flamin - I had a melon fetish with DS
With DD it was Weetabix

MJP1 Wed 17-Oct-12 21:32:00

I went off chocolate at first but it was the summer, I couldnt get enough of sweet summer fruits and berries (once the morning sickness has subsided) and bags of crisps, but now at 6 months once again my love of chocolate has returned in fact I have just polished off a dairy milk BUBBLY yummmmmmmmmm xx

I lost all interest in chocolate during both pregnancies, t'was very strange! Before I was a 2 Double Deckers a day girl. I remember eating 3 Creme Eggs in one session when DD was a couple of weeks old shock

I couldn't bear anything fishy either, almost phobic about prawns first time round and I'd leave the room if colleagues were eating them. I knew I was pregnant with DS when I bit into a sesame prawn toast and had to take it straight out of my mouth.

Rico08 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:57:40

I too have gone off chocolate, can't even make hot chocolate for my ds as it makes me gip !

I went on chocolate in 1st pregnancy too, soon started to like it again after I had my son smile

CheerfulYank Wed 17-Oct-12 20:49:08

Today's food is toast with a TON of mayo and a slice of provolone.

33goingon64 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:07:24

In the first trimester I couldn't face cold food - the smell of the fridge or the veg section in Sainsbury's was unbearable. But then I got really into celery with cream cheese in the second trimester. By the end I was scoffing lots of anything I could get my hands on.

snooter Wed 17-Oct-12 19:53:36

Every day I ate a raw red or yellow pepper as part of my lunch, just biting into them like I'd eat apples. I like raw peppers, but it had never occurred to me to eat them like that apart from when I was pregnant.

Sparklyboots Wed 17-Oct-12 16:38:23

Have gone off bananas in both pregnancies when they are usually a very favourite food. Lusting after crisps this time and meat, which is difficult as I have been a veggie for a long time. Loving the mighty malt (disgusting malt flavoured fizzy drink) which is all I would ingest during labour last time...

skyebluezombie Wed 17-Oct-12 16:04:00

I went right off cheese when I was pregnant, which everybody thought hilarious as I am a cheese addict!

I also developed a habit for Coco Pops and Wagon Wheels and was never seen without a Wagon Wheel in my handbag grin. I also craved belgian buns and Tangfastics

Due to severe sickness, I was 10kg lighter after giving birth, then when I got pregnant.....

I had a girl

JustinBoobie Wed 17-Oct-12 15:17:07

I went of beer (handy) red meat <faints at thought> with my first dd. But craved rice crispies!

My second... hmmmm; oh yeah! PIZZA. I boaked at the thought of it even before I knew I was pregnant. I wanted to eat bluTak. All The Time. confused

I kept not wanting beer or pizza, so that's something!

HazzleMcDazzle Wed 17-Oct-12 14:29:13

When I was pregnant with DD I got some serious cravings for junk food - anything coated in a thick layer of batter or grease, basically. Does anyone remember when Gillian McKeith used to do 'You Are What You Eat', and she'd lay out a table covered with all the lardy stuff that the unhealthy people ate over the week? The point was that you were supposed to be repulsed by all the fat, sugar and E-numbers, but all I wanted to do was throw myself on that table and gorge! Needless to say I put on a good few stones....

Clarella Wed 17-Oct-12 13:24:20

Olgaga I may have to steal your old weekly favourite that sounds gorgeous....

DD1 - cake, any cake will do.
DD2 - absolutely freaking obsessed with coleslaw. Breakfast, lunch & tea some days smile

LIttleMcF Wed 17-Oct-12 10:01:27

I had an unpleasant fall at 8 months one morning with first pregnancy, and DH sped to my work (I'd tried to struggle in, what a bloody idiot grafter); picked me up, took me home and wrapped me in blankets and made me...............peanut butter and honey on toast. I then became obsessed with it as it obviously flicked the 'warm, safe, looked-after' switch in my mind. Couldn't eat PB before then.

I should add that my DH is NOT the looky-after type; he's utterly wonderful, but he's not a natural nurse, and he NEVER makes food. It made it all the more sweet.

And I totally envy people who 'couldn't look at wine' throughout their pregnancies. I flipping craved it! I resisted until the night before I gave birth, when the midwife suggested I 'pour a large glass of wine and relax in the waterpool (home birth).' Alright, if you insist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now