Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh no, this is a disaster ... (light hearted, honest)

(85 Posts)
FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Tue 16-Oct-12 09:36:55

I've gone off chocolate. CHOCOLATE! shock Just looking at repulses me.

NapOfTheDamned Thu 18-Oct-12 01:52:15

First trimester, meat, meat, meat, especially beef, with lashings of horseradish sauce. Then when had MS it was beige food. Toast mostly. Couldn't bear eggs or broccoli or coffee but did like apple cider vinegar on everything.

Second trimester felt fine ate normally and then third trimester I had to have carrot cake every day. Sometimes twice.

DS is 21 months now and his first sentence was 'eat meat'.

CheerfulYank Thu 18-Oct-12 02:09:41

The teenage boy at work (I manage a cinema) drove to the grocery store just now and brought me back a jar of pickles as I was convinced I'd die without them, bless him! smile

MrsWajs Thu 18-Oct-12 02:31:05

I went off sweet stuff and tea with DD in the first trimester. Could only eat toast, salt & vinegar discos and pasta or super noodles for a good while until morning sickness passed. By the end my sweet tooth returned and I was addicted to yum yums and crunchies! How I only put on 1.5 stone will forever remain a mystery!

Melons and vinegar actually sounds quite good though and I am not pg!

As for a glasses of wine - I had 2 (bad mummy) as I was on my friends hen do, obv didn't realise I was in labour at the time!

I can't stand the sight or thought of chocolate either. Used to eat loads of it and now anything sweet makes me feel incredibly ill. Ate it like it was going out of style with DSs 1&2!

Also am now an ex-vegetarian as off 3 weeks ago. This baby is seriously wanting me to eat meat, and lots of it! Oh, and tomatoes. Tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomatoes in salads, so, so, so many tomatoes.

ThatBintAgain Thu 18-Oct-12 10:05:00

The smell of coffee and red wine made me totally nauseous. I was mad about marmite, tomato and salted crisp sandwiches. grin

Msbluesky32 Thu 18-Oct-12 12:04:18

I can't stand the smell of the fridge, lol. Probably too many smells together?
I've gone crazy for salt and vinegar flavoured foods...salt and vinegar crisps, tartar sauce and anything crunchy.. Carrots, toast. Can't stand fruit juice (tastes too syrupy) or anything spicy.

I went off sausages for the first half of my pregnancy- I was absolutely gutted sad But thankfully I can eat them again grin

Cue all the "It's a bit late for that now" jokes!!

rosieelizabeth Thu 18-Oct-12 13:58:14

last week every time I went to the supermarket I bought fennel, I ended up with 8 bulbs of fennel and cooked it all in a variety of ways which we did didn't eat as we both have always hated fennel, weird.

LimburgseVlaai Thu 18-Oct-12 18:02:22

I got terrible acid reflux so I used to guzzle Gaviscon straight from the bottle.

mummyNOsinging Thu 18-Oct-12 19:54:03

dry cornflakes. Straight out of the box, and by the handful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now