Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

18 weeks and frettin myself about incompetent cervix pls help

(34 Posts)
spandau1980 Fri 07-Sep-12 17:03:11

Dear all
basically iv had three d n c procedures and am currently pregnant yay and its made it past the first trimester!
Prior to the d n cs i had one twin pregnancy to term and one singleton to term now 11 yrs and 8 yrs!
But Im so stressed that the dnc s will have messed up my cervix and now am in the danger zone for that i c rearing its head Im soooo stressed!
Iv had a bit of pain and abdomen pressure for couple weeks but doc midwife ect fob off my concerns and day Im at no risk of i c!
Anyone have any advice.. reassuring stories ect xx thank xx

spandau1980 Thu 20-Sep-12 16:50:50

My scan seems a lifetime away sad

InchyInchy Thu 20-Sep-12 17:07:45

Why? I hope you're ok!

InchyInchy Thu 20-Sep-12 17:09:01

Meant to add my 20 week scan is not until next Thursday and it feels like a lifetime away as well when you just want to know that everything is ok in there with the little baby.

spandau1980 Thu 20-Sep-12 18:13:26

Mines Tuesday.. iv been having pressure and stuff and just want my scan now! Just been so worried probably me all hyper sensitive to every wiggle.
Plus been trotting for a wee every thirty seconds but been tested and tested for uti but keeps coming back normal... should be relieved but worrying its baby pushing out... dafft aren't i sad

spandau1980 Tue 25-Sep-12 20:04:18

Had my scan all good.. and a GIRL smile))
Cervix was 45mm so its gone up?!
Is that normal ?!

I had mine and all they would say was that there is no sign of funnelling. Still don't know the cervical length and don't see the consultant again until 27 weeks!

spandau1980 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:06:24

Didn't you ask? Is it not on your notes?!
Ring and find out another 7 weeks ll do your head in not knowing xx

No it seems in our area they don't measure it unless you don't have the stitch and go for the wait and see approach instead.

Not all of them can do it apparently and I had a trainee sonographer just to top it all off!

Mummytono2 Sun 11-May-14 13:06:21

Anyone have any updates on how spandau1980 got on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now