Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Accurate tester? Evaporation Line? Help...

(36 Posts)
Marina01 Tue 07-Feb-12 21:42:24

Hi,

New on here so hi!

I have recently done a test using a Sainsburys tester and the result is attached, there is definitely a faint blue line but my concern is that Iv'e heard these type of testers are not too accurate! very confused!

any help much appreciated

[IMG]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r486/whereisharry1/DSCF2706.jpg[/IMG]

Hotpotpie Thu 09-Feb-12 11:12:12

I kept getting negative on the digital ones, found tescos own to be excellent, I didnt get a positive on the clear blue until I was 10 days after my period was due however tesco's said positive from the start it put me in a right spin for the first week

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 29-Jan-13 19:17:00

I've just dragged this thread up from a google search on sainsbury's tests and evap lines. I have exactly what is in marinas picture but a bfn today sad

Would be really interested to know what marina's outcome was!

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 29-Jan-13 19:26:50

Same test or different brand?

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 29-Jan-13 20:18:45

Same, sainsbury's own. If you can look at the picture posted upthread, it looks identical to that.

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 29-Jan-13 20:31:17

Well all you can do is just test again in a few days I suppose. If you still feel pg but get no positive, then see the GP for a blood test. Waiting is crap isn't it!

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 29-Jan-13 20:32:07

If you started a new thread, you might get a few more answers. X

BlackholesAndRevelations Tue 29-Jan-13 20:36:03

Thanks catpuss. I'm obsessing slightly (!) because I had a miscarriage and just desperately want to be pregnant again. Can't start a new thread as I'll just spend even morse time on the Internet on my phone (if that is indeed possible!)

Had no idea sainsbury's tests were so inaccurate, mine was right (17 weeks pregnant now) but I think the line on mine was darker than that. Maybe just try again in a day or two? The wondering must drive you crazy though.

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 29-Jan-13 21:07:57

Apparently pink dye is much more reliable than blue!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 29-Jan-13 21:51:37

I had a test result like this twice - two in a packet - probably the same generic type but from Boots. Looked just like that - thin vertical line off to one side. Both false negatives unfortunately.

Blackholes I would try a first response early response (pink dye) or a Superdrug sensitive test (purple dye) which don't seem to give false positives or evap lines so much.

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 30-Jan-13 18:04:12

Well ladies.... Clear blue digital said yes!!grin Now I'm off to start a new thread about pregnancy after miscarriage....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now