Fine at home but goes to pot(ty) at nursery

(5 Posts)
Neverme Mon 05-Nov-12 19:19:25

Ds is 2.8. Been doing potty training for about 6 weeks in a relaxed fashion - we are not ones for the hardcore approach. He goes to nursery 4 days a week so we have 3 day weekends together.
Last 2 weekends have been pretty much accident free - I think just one accident per weekend which is fine by me. But it goes wrong on nursery days! Today was 5 accidents at nursery then 2 at home.
Is this normal? Am feeling like I want to have strong words with the manger tomorrow. Ds is in a room with older kids, up to 5 year olds. I wonder if they don't remember how little he is. I've told them he needs to be reminded lots about going to the loo but I'm not convinced how much they do it. Ahhhh!!!

Mum2Fergus Mon 05-Nov-12 21:14:56

Id definitely be having a word with the nursery. When my DS first started they set a timer for him, going off every 30 mins to see if he (they, there were 3 children all at same stage) wanted/needed to go. Time gradually increased as he became more aware of his need to go.

Neverme Tue 06-Nov-12 14:09:09

Thanks v much. Apparently they take all the kids every 20 to 30 mins but not sure how much of this is right... Just a bit frustrated by it all

Mum2Fergus Tue 06-Nov-12 17:42:17

Hang in there, it gets easier, I promise x

Choufleur Tue 06-Nov-12 17:46:44

They need to remind him to go more frequently. Ds's nursery were great and had sticker charts for going to the toilet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now