Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2007 - new thread as I can't find one!

(294 Posts)

Hi all,

VERY VERY long time no see..... just had a little catch up - my goodness, HOW MANY of you are preggers??? Gosh- NOT ME!
Can't believe our beautiful babies are talking walking noisy toddlers.
Evie is still a monster - always has been , always will be. She talks constantly, and is now stringing words together, like " I'll do it" - usually in relation to feeding herself, or getting dressed.. and usually accompanied by a small tantrum.
She does finally sleep through the night.. after a fashion- is up between 5.30 and 6.15 - still a shock after Billy who slept 7-7 from 4 months.
But - she does eat anything which is fab (compared to Billy), and she is happy to walk, or go in the pushchair, so its easy to take her out - unlike Billy who always wanted to walk no matter how long it took.
She has a passion for dolls (oh crumbs), handbags, and hats - she is SOOOO not related to me!
Take care all, can't say when I'll visit next - good luck with the births!!
xx

meandtheboys Tue 20-Aug-13 23:28:37

Hiya token and loler and any other August 07 mummies out there. You guys are both obviously a lot more hardcore than me, we always planned to have 3 children but then with Joe being such a diffivult baby we agonised over having 2. Now after having DS2 and another high needs baby, there is just no more broodiness left in me!!! I still look at fmilies of three as being the 'ideal' though which is silly because I know there's no such thing. Everyone needs to do what's right for them but it doesn't stop me thinking it (maybe as I am one of three.)

Anyway, nice to see this thread is still alive. I just thought I'd drop by and see how everyone is.

Loler, congratulations on the house move and job change etc. Have you moved far? It must be hard relocating. Have you still got family near by? I must admit babies are certainly good for getting people to stand and chat to you! Baby and toddler groups were never really my thing but I did meet a few lovely mums who I am still in touch with from when Joe was a baby.

DS2 is now 19 months. What a bloody handful. I really think perhaps we just breed unhappy babies! I am trying to stay hopeful and positive though. Joe somehow turned into a reasonable human being somewhere along the line. It will happen again, right??????? ;)

Anyway, hope everyone is well. I wonder how tasha, helibee and james are getting on. If anyone reads this I am thinking of you and hope all you and your DCs are happy and thriving. Can't believe how old this thread is now and how much has changed.

loler Mon 15-Jul-13 18:42:07

Hello - good to see that this thread is still rumbling on.

We've had a busy year - moved house, job and area. Finding much slower to make friends in a new area without a baby - they are good for something!!

Tt - your age gap is similar to mine - my August one is the baby though. Agree with when things are good they are brilliant and this is normally the case - the when things are bad is getting a whole lot more noisy and physical! I can see with a pre-teen daughter it getting worse before it gets better. The boys think its really funny to wind her up - watch those slamming doors!

Must say that I'm enjoying my sleep and when there's no sports I get a very good lie in. The dc look after their own feeding needs!

Hope everyp one else is well and long last the August thread!

tokentotty Wed 12-Jun-13 00:47:25

Hi meandtheboys! Like me you're dropping in! Congrats on Rowan love. I think all of them have that dreadful tricksy stage, and when it's not the one at that age there's another one coming... Mine are now 5/6 (obv!!) Thing 2 was 4 in Jan and Thing 3 was 2 on 31st May. Having had 3 under 4 was clearly hard going but now their relationships are thankfully wonderful and they really love each other and play together beautifully. Big catch word here is 'usually' though!!! When it's good it's really good, but when it's bad.......it's truly feckin' shocking!!!! But I guess that's normal right? Doesn't make parenting them all day to day easy though..... Anyone else feel the same???

meandtheboys Wed 01-May-13 21:24:52

Hi everone,

meandjoe here! Seems like forever since I've been on here properly but just came across this thread and nice to see so many familiar names for all those years ago.

How's everyone getting on?

Congratulations to everyone on the babies and pregnancies that have happened since 2007!

Joe is now a wonderful, happy, clever 5 year old who never stops talking which I love. He's doing well at school and was worth every one of those endless days when he was a whingy difficult baby. He is my very very best friend.

Hersetta, glad to hear your two are getting on nicely.

Joseph now has a 16 month old little brother. Rowan was born at Christmas 2011. Sod's law he's been every bit as difficult and grumpy as his brother was as a baby angry .So much for lightening not striking twice! He's also utterly beautiful and DS1 adores him so not all bad. He also like Joe did has an amazing ability to sleep through the night yet gets moody and grumpy fighting nap time. They're like clones of each other! DS2 is crawling everywhere but not yet walking as he's been diagnosed as having hypermobile knee joints so is basically a bit more wobbly and has low musle tone in his legs. He is pulling up and chattering but is no where near walking yet really which was a bit of a shock as Joe was running around at 11 months. We are hoping his mood improves like Joe's did when he got walking and talking properly. Arrrgh. Needless to say we won't be trying for a third and good old DH has been for the snip this year!

Sorry this all seems a bit me me me but thread is very old and long and I'm not sure who's doing what now days! Any news? Anyone still out there??

Hersetta Wed 13-Feb-13 14:38:52

Hi, sorry forget to check on here mostly.

We are all well, Caitlin is doing OK at school, growing like a week (shes's 124cm tall and rapidly growing out of 6/7 trouser lengths). She's is madly in love with her brother (wants to marry him) and dotes on him more then i do - he can do know wrong in her eyes, whereas I know he can! so life is really lovely with the pair of them.

DS is 18 months now and such a happy chap but only issue with him is that he is not even close to walking (he's a bum shuffler) lazy little so and so, he's just so heavy to pick up and carry places! How are you?

tokentotty Wed 06-Feb-13 21:14:44

Wow! Has been seriously quiet here.... How is everyone? Any news?? Xxx

tokentotty Fri 30-Nov-12 01:47:14

Sincere apologies, have done it again... Had 5mins, written a genuine, enquiring msg, and then disappeared for 2 months!! I remember having 'Thing 1' and being on Mumsnet loads. Had 'Thing 2', on here infrequently. Had 'Thing 3' and forget it!! It's not been a good year. Thankfully not concerning me for once, but these last months I've not been able to breathe almost for friends, family and their nearest and dearest suffering. Is it just my group that seem to have been surrounded by illness, and mainly cancer?? I am genuinely interested as to whether others feel like this has been a bizarrely bad year or if it is just an unlucky one for me?

helibee Wed 12-Sep-12 02:30:55

Hi TT, how's paddy getting on? In Scotland the school years work differently so an aug birthday puts you bang in the middle age wise rather than the youngest. Callum is loving P1 though. He was poorly at the weekend with what we thought were chicken pox but it turns out to have been a viral infection that mimics CPhmm Anyway he was so desperate to get back to school after missing one day that he said he'd sleep in his uniform so he wouldn't miss it grin

Glad Caitlin is enjoying herself and that Alex is an easy baby. Finlay isn't as chilled as Callum but as he has bad reflux and he keeps outgrowing the dosage of his medicine I guess it's not surprising that he's not as laid back but he is still a fairly easy baby and not at all high maintenance. Since he was in hospital with meningitis though he keeps waking in the night as the nurses woke him hourly to check on him so he's not quite twigged that he doesn't need to talk or sing every few hrs to let me know that he's lying next to me grin

helibee Wed 12-Sep-12 02:23:15

Good to see you on Facebook smile
I'll look at your profile pic on the computer later as I any do it on my phone.

Hersetta Fri 07-Sep-12 12:00:07

Phew that was easier than normal - didn't have to resize pic this time as it was taken on my Phone. New pic of the kids on my profile.

Hersetta Fri 07-Sep-12 11:40:43

Blimey...hello TT!!

All well here. Been back working FT for 6 months so our routines are working well. Alex turned 1 last month and is still the easiest kid ever. His GP's even voluntarily offer to have him overnight as they know it's a doddle. Not quite sure how it happened as we are both dark but ALex has bright blue eyes and a mop of very very blonde hair. i will try to post a picture soon.

Caitlin started yr 1 on Tuesday and seems to be OK, although she is not very forthcoming about what she does all day long. I think she wanted to stay in reception though and seems miffed that she has lost her youngest person in the school title!

tokentotty Fri 07-Sep-12 01:52:31

Where to start? Hersetta, how are you?

I can only say that have been trying to type this message 3 times but have had to set aside to run upstairs to Thing 2 sobbing abt random leg pains/wanting to come downstairs, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, first day of Year 1 for Paddy today. How is everyone dealing with that? Or more importantly, how are our 'babies of their year' dealing with it?

Xxxx

Hersetta Thu 06-Sep-12 12:00:26

Hello helibee - congratulations on Finlays arrival. Oh my it sounds like you've been through the ringer already though. Hope he is fully recovered and you can finally relax a bit and enjoy them boy.

Things are really good with me - Alex is a dream (and utterley gorgeous) and Caitlin loves her brother more than she loves us...they simply adore each other. How long this lasts remains to be seen though. Thanks for the address - I am on facebook so I'll do my best to find you!

helibee Wed 22-Aug-12 00:46:26

Hi hersetta, I always forget to check here, I get too caught up in nosing AIBU threads grin

Finlay was born on April 12th by planned section after the emergency with Callum. He has bad reflux and cows milk protein allergy so spent the first few weeks of his life screaming in pain sad he is now on ranitidine and gaviscon and he is laid back and a happy wee soul just like his big brother. Unfortunately he had meningitis and septicaemia 2 weeks ago but he is getting better. How are you? A few of us from this thread are friends on facebook if you are too you should join us. My email is helenandmatthew@yahoo.co.uk, I think that's all you need to add me smile

Hersetta Wed 15-Aug-12 13:01:16

Just wanted to say...hey all. how is your number 2 Helibee? We need details!

helibee Wed 15-Feb-12 10:26:51

Just a quick hi to anyone around smile

I'm 30 weeks now, 8 weeks max to go till ELCS. I'll try and catch up soon. Off to the hospital to see consultant now

Hersetta Sat 21-Jan-12 23:53:44

I still keep an eye on it - just haven't posted as no-one else has.

Caitlin is doing fabulously as school - reading beautifully and despite being the youngest had the role with the most lines in the nativity. very proud Mummy.

Number 2 is an absolute Angel - the happiest little boy ever who thinks that his sister is the funniest person on the face of the earth. Makes me well up watching them together (I'm still blaming the baby hormones!) as they both dote on the other. I would quite like to clone him to be honest - i reckon I could make a fortune. happy little boy, slept through from 3 weeks and slept for 12 hrs before 3 months. I tell you life with 2 is a piece of piss. we have even considered a third!! We have since realised we're just too bloody old now so have parked that idea...don't really want to push our luck.

TT - how is life with your brood?

tokentotty Sat 21-Jan-12 02:35:30

Is the world's worst post natal thread? Does no-one ever look in on it ever? Oh wait....what's that? Hmmmmm.....a tumbleweed blows past.....sigh.....

tokentotty Wed 14-Dec-11 22:51:20

Erm....hello? (HELLO Hello hello....echoing madly on this thread I reckon!)

Anyway, Happy Christmas to you all!! Hope you're all fabulously well and happy?

Helibee, how are you??

Hersetta Wed 14-Sep-11 09:03:13

Yay - congratulations Helibee!!

helibee Wed 14-Sep-11 02:59:54

Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm pregnant grin actually can't believe it, it happened all by itself. Had to go to hospital due to pains and they thought it was ectopic! Saw the consultant who said the chances of me becoming pregnant and that it wasn't an ectopic (due to blocked tubes) is an absolute miracle! I am 8 weeks so still early days and hyperemesis has reared it's ugly head again but hopefully come April, I'll have my wee miracle baby.

loler Thu 08-Sep-11 09:56:41

Congratulations to everyone on their new babies. Hersetta - he's lovely.

Lizziemum - another year of childcare would be the thing that got to me the most! On the positive side she should pick up everything at school really really quickly.

DS2 started school on Tuesday - he's loving it and I'm not even getting a backwards glance as he goes in. Feeling a bit empty nesty, but also looking forward to getting on with the next stage - it's lovely to be able to go on a spur of the moment family bike ride without having to pack a just-in-case bag.

We were on holiday in Spain for DS2s b'day so he had cars 2 cars, but he's getting a big boy bedroom this weekend (finally getting rid of the cotbed after 8 years of constant use).

Off to hit Tesco (minus dc!) - all this time all to myself!

Hersetta Sun 21-Aug-11 15:10:48

Congratulations TT. Lovely name.

We had Caitlin's party yesterday (swimming party follwed by games and dancing). Seemed to go down well and didn't involve too much effort on my part so a result all round!! We are giving DD a bike for her birthday which we bought on Friday. DH tried to get her to choose one in a neutral colour so it could be passed on to DS - needless to say we came back with a bright pink one with a basket and tassles!!

DS is an angel and life with two is pretty easy I must say at the moment - helped by the fact that he has slept from 11-6 the last 4 nights so feeling very lucky.

tokentotty Fri 19-Aug-11 00:08:26

Sorry, thought for a split second that DH was going to be helpful for a second there but oh no, reality kicked in and he's gone to bed and passed out (again). Anyway, is Paddy's 4th birthday tomorrow so got an open house all day for all and sundry which is great but a lot of work!! This is a bit of an 'all about me' post but haven't had time to read all posts yet.

I see that Hersetta's had 'Thing 2' (as mine are referred to, in order) and going to check out pics now, but huge congratulations love!! Hope you're getting on ok, have to say having 3 under 4 is tough going but this time is incredibly easier than when Mimi came along with a 16 month gap. 2.4 yrs gap does feel like a walk in the park.

Currently blowing up balloons, finishing wrapping up presents etc. What has everyone given (giving) their 4 yr old this birthday?

tokentotty Thu 18-Aug-11 23:21:48

Oh dear, am embarrassed it's taken so long but may I please announce that I had Thea Rose Alessia on 31st May blush. known as Theodora due to me singing along to the Dora theme song. How typical is it that the older two are abbreviated (Patrick - Paddy, Imogen - Mimi) that Thea is elongated to Theodora....?? Anyway, she's blooming lovely. Weighed in at 6lb 13oz and isn't that much bigger now so is like a little doll. Been through the mill a bit about her weight but I think she's just small. It was probably reflux initially but we didn't realise as she's so contented.

Oh, drunken husband home. Got to go. Back soon...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now