Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEB 2010 Terrors sometimes, angels at others - yep, they're properly two now...

(984 Posts)

New thread!!

<offers freshly baked muffins and frothy coffee>

SconesForTea Tue 25-Sep-12 16:10:45

Oh and I meant to say CP no advice on the pushing but sympathies, DD1 has taken to pushing DD2 over from sitting in the past couple of weeks and I can't seem to stop her doing it.

ScienceRocks Tue 25-Sep-12 19:47:36

<waves and offers home baked bread as an apology for being so quiet>

Climbingpenguin Tue 25-Sep-12 20:30:16

DS now wants to nap at 9:30 and 1:30 but frankly tough. Some mornings I can still get him off at 9. I let him nap at 11:30 instead and hopefully he'll consolidate soon.

We have moved from a 2 bed flat to a 3 bed house. Mostly because the damp/codensation last winter was too much work combined with storage heaters. Now we're in and most places have a home it is feeling a lot better, although it still looks like carnage.

DS isn't walking and still quite far off, although he can climb stairs apparently. He takes a few steps but mostly under duress grin

NK2b1f2 Tue 25-Sep-12 21:40:36

Interesting comparisons between siblings smile. My two have been surprisingly similar as far as the baby stages were concerned. Both slept well and ate well, crawled and walked at similar ages (give or take a month or two), and both spoke early (dd1 'lost' her language skills for about 18 months due to glue ear but is making up for it big time wink). dd2 was much smaller than her sister to start with but has had a growth spurt and has nearly caught up with the height her sister was at her age. But as far as personalities are concerned they are very very different with distinct characters which I think is lovely because neither will be overshadowed by the other.

Cold are managable, thanks for asking Scones smile. Was glad to have a long weekend though for dd2 to recover a bit before she went to nursery today. dd1 is a tough cookie and loves school, so she refused to stay home yesterday (I offered). So far I seem to be getting away with it which is just as well because I am nowhere near as patient and uncomplaining as my dds when I get a cold... blush

Climbingpenguin Wed 26-Sep-12 10:17:48

actually thinking about it, I can think of enough playgroups (even if they are children's centres) that provided DD lets me move her nap/sometime drop it, I can let DS have his two naps. I love how when you make strong statements you realise the opposite grin

new thread needed soon

Bearcrumble Wed 26-Sep-12 14:15:34

Grr just lost a post. In a nutshell I think DS is more of an introvert and DD an extrovert.

Are you still moving to E London, CP?

My friend, the one that pissed me off about the chickenpox did it again with a sickness bug - wish she's have stayed at home for 48 hrs. All 4 members of her family had it. We are away this weekend - very hard won weekend away and will be furious/heartbroken if we get ill.

So much for my lunchtime siesta! DS is out for the count, but DD is whittering away upstairs and going to sleep while she's awake somehow doesn't sit well, even if she is confined to her buggy (and looking at the time, looks like I'm going to give up on her nap today - at least she's had a rest.)

Scones I got given a Little Nipper Out'n'About, which is a side-by-side buggy, but very light and can go through most doors and fit in the boot, so that's useful! I'm hoping DS will be another buggy napper as it's proved to be so convenient with DD - so far, he doesn't seem too fussed about where he sleeps. One of his naps this morning was in the bouncy chair. Interestingly, he's not a big fan of the wrap sling - I think he feels a bit too confined and doesn't like feeling hot. Sometimes he's okay in it, sometimes not. I suspect he'll get used to it once I'm using it more regularly to go out.

Despite his generally chilled nature, we are getting evening fussy time for a few hours, which is a bit wearing. At least I know it'll pass in a couple of months! And thankfully, he's not colicky, just finds it difficult to settle until gone 2200 at night at the moment (which is a bit annoying as I would rather be in bed by 21.00ish!)

Bc that is highly inconsiderate of your friend, honestly. No wonder you're cross. FX you're all resistant to the bug...

I got a mobile hairdresser in today to cut my and DD's hair - very pleasant experience and much cheaper than a salon! DD was good as gold once she was watching Charlie and Lola and eating a biscuit, thankfully!

<pootles off to set up new thread>

Sorry, meant to say good luck with the settling in CP! It'll be good to have the extra space, but I sympathise with having to start afresh in a new area - I'm doing that too. Here's hoping we both make lots of new friends in our locality pronto!

NEW THREAD!!

Joining a bit late, DS1 was born Feb 10 & DS2 is now 5 weeks old. DS1 has adapted really well to his younger brother & is always giving him kisses & cuddles.

I just wondered what time your toddlers go to bed? We rarely get ours in bed before 8:30, which I didn't think was a problem but my mum insists it's too late & also pointed out he will need to go to bed earlier when he's at school & making his bedtime earlier when he's older will be difficult. So what time do yours go to bed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now