Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2012 - Brewed to Perfection!

(703 Posts)

Hello all, come and add your babies to the list and let's see what adventures they bring! smile

broodylicious Mon 13-May-13 23:29:44

Ah not this time then mad hmm

My periods came back pretty much as normal when dd was about 7 months I think. I started on the micropill but it sent me into a whirlwind of depression and paranoia so I'm off that, thank god! We will have another dc, prob start trying early next year so poppy will be 2.5 if we fall preggo straight away.

I'm desperate for her to start sleeping through the night. It's just ridiculous that shes this age and theres still not even a sniff. I think it's to do with breastfeeding and her waking to comfort feed - it's certainly not through hunger with the amount she eats during the day!! Whatever, it's driving me mad!! I don't want to suddenly stop BFing but I fear I may have no choice because if it was left up to her, I'm sure she'll still be going at it when she starts school wink

madscimum Wed 15-May-13 00:14:16

Once again, it was a really light period! A little bit heavier than the last one (perhaps a pad for a day plus night needed), but still very much less than they used to be, even on the pill. I'm not complaining, but I'm mildly concerned that this isn't quite normal.

Interesting about the micro-pill broody. I remember looking at it and determining that I probably couldn't take it, but I totally don't remember why.

broody, can you look up things about 'night-weaning'? You might be able to start with that, and not completely cut out BF right away. (Or maybe it'll be worse because that's when she really, really wants it? I've heard both ideas, but you could figure out what works for you.) Tessa is still waking at night, but it varies wildly -- 1-2 times normally, but if she's teething it can be a dozen! But it's not bothering me (we got a side-car cot for her, so she's right next to me), and in fact I tend to wake at least once a night anyway, and nursing her helps me back to sleep. So I won't force anything on her (and then there's the little bit of guilt about me being gone all day...)

broodylicious Fri 07-Jun-13 22:19:46

Hey ladies. How's it going? V quiet in here these days - those bubbas keeping you all busy I imagine! grin

We've just got back from a lovely holiday in Italy. Defo recommend it as a family friendly place to go. We stayed in a little village on lake como; absolutely beautiful and Poppy was in her element as they apparently love babies in Italy! She seems so much happier when both mummy and daddy are with her and she seemed to do a lot more stuff this week, development wise I mean - she waves to everyone who says hello or bye bye and says what sounds like bye (or actually "ciao ciao" if you say that to her!), she now really holds her own when she's holding our hands and walking, not so confident on her own but she's getting there, and shes just generally sussing out the world in her own eyes iykwim.

So how are the mummies and babies doing? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now