Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 07 - Now they are FOUR they want so much more!!

(320 Posts)
RGPargy Thu 22-Dec-11 00:26:40

New thread ladies to celebrate our DCs turning 4!! (!!!) grin

Loopymumsy Tue 03-Jan-12 18:55:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RGPargy Tue 03-Jan-12 20:52:24

Woohoo!! two babywearers on The Fat Fighters!!! grin

RGPargy Tue 03-Jan-12 20:52:52

Congrats to your friend Jet!! grin

Loopymumsy Tue 03-Jan-12 20:59:48

jetgirl Tue 03-Jan-12 21:52:56

More exciting news! My friend asked me to be Godmother! I've had a quick cuddle already - he's gorgeous, 9lbs 8oz! Am so broody now, have to stop myself flushing my pills away wink
William wanted to know if the baby would be at nursery today, bless!

In other news, SIL is pregnant again, after losing her baby in June at 15 weeks. All is going well, at 15 weeks now, has had 2 scans and no probs identified thus far. smile

Strart of new term wasn't so bad after all.

RGPargy Tue 03-Jan-12 23:24:13

Loopy - quite possibly! HERE is the link to the series - not sure if it's on 4oD yet tho, but i'm sure it will be in a few hours. Not sure what carriers they were using but they were either SSCs or MTs for deffo!! grin

Jet - fingers crossed for SIL! Hope everything goes ok this time.

Getting broody myself here but keep reminding myself that i do actually like sleep filled nights these days and i am getting on a bit so best not to reproduce anymore. I'll be 44 in about 2 weeks!! shock

jetgirl Thu 05-Jan-12 18:36:23

I know what you mean about the sleep. My friend said her son was waking hourly last night! I'm not sure how I would cope with that with 2 other kids to deal with in the day too.

William actually drew a person yesterday. It was a stickman drawing and recognisably a person, whereas before they were cicles with about 11 limbs grin So proud!

Loopymumsy Fri 06-Jan-12 06:30:34

Loopymumsy Sun 08-Jan-12 20:38:32

RGPargy Mon 09-Jan-12 12:19:25

Hello loopy how are you doing today?

Loopymumsy Mon 09-Jan-12 12:35:36

jetgirl Mon 09-Jan-12 17:07:05

Loopy sad, is there anything we can help with?

Loopymumsy Mon 09-Jan-12 18:49:07

jetgirl Mon 09-Jan-12 21:33:27

Well on Friday my demon was my 4 year old! He locked my phone to the extent that I could not get into it at all. After extensive research I discovered that the only way I could get it working again was to upgrade the system meaning I lost anything saved onto the phone, but the memory card was ok. I was not impressed, though it's like having a new phone now as everything is updated. I've lost some numbers which I must have saved onto the phone, but have others, all the apps are gone, which has its plus side as William is no longer interested in going near the phone!

I was in a foul mood when I finally got home after waiting to see the doctor for over an hour, as the chemists couldn't fill my prescription as there are manufacturing problems and had to wait until today for a new one. I took it all out on William and made him cry by threatening to throw away his favourite game before bursting into tears myself after DH told me off! Not my finest hour, I'll admit.

RGPargy Mon 09-Jan-12 22:48:00

Loopy, we are always here for you. Standard.

Jet - Ah poor you, i have days like that too and get so worked up!! I'm convinced the entire world is out to get me!! hmm

Loopymumsy Tue 10-Jan-12 16:48:35

RGPargy Thu 12-Jan-12 22:19:10

How are we all today? smile

Loopymumsy Fri 13-Jan-12 06:08:43

Loopymumsy Mon 16-Jan-12 06:24:27

RGPargy Mon 16-Jan-12 21:05:19

Hi Loopy

Not bad thanx. Not very eventful but pleasant all the same. How are you?

Loopymumsy Mon 16-Jan-12 21:12:21

Loopymumsy Tue 17-Jan-12 16:56:32

littleoldme Tue 17-Jan-12 21:45:22

Loopy - Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes. I have some understanding how crushingly frightening this is. Sounds like you are accessing support and doing everything you can. Loads of love x

Loopymumsy Wed 18-Jan-12 05:36:32

Greedygirl Thu 19-Jan-12 16:16:48

Hi guys. Hope you are all well. January is always a bloody horrible month, I wish I could hibernate (on a warm beach!) and wake up in Spring. Having said that, had a lovely walk today and that perked me up a bit and hopefully knackered the LO out.

Loopy - glad you have a nice HV and GP and thank god you feel able to talk to people and let them know what is going on for you, even if they do not always get it completely. How are you today? Are friends coming round?

Jet - I have had a few days like that myself recently, shrieking like a banshee over a chocolate milkshake incident earlier! Tiredness is the thing with me, after a good night's sleep I feel like I can sort the world out but for some bizarre reason I keep going to bed later and later!

Not much to report here, handed in my first MEd essay this week and passed my exam so I am relieved that the first module is out of the way. Just realised that I don't think I have been on here since xmas. Had a lovely xmas but new year was shock - big family (inlaws) argument on new year's eve!! Made me very glad to get back to our little quiet house in our boring suburb! Looking at skiing hols for next new year - of we win the lottery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now